Ostrava Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ostrava Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Ostrava Airport.
What to Expect
- The current terminal opened in 2006, with service to many European destinations, though most operate only seasonally.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ostrava Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Ostrava airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Business Lounge - Location: Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: according to flight schedule. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (420 CZK)
Free WiFi is available at Ostrava Airport. Connect to “internet”.
If sleeping in Ostrava Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel U Freuda - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotel deals in Ostrava on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ČSOB Bank ATM. Location: Departures Hall.
- Baby Care - A nursing room is available for diaper-changing, breastfeeding, and infant care. Changing tables are available here and in the restrooms in the connecting corridor to the Public Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Available at Ostrava Information Service - Hours: 7:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon, Wed, Fri) • 7:00AM - 6:00PM (Tues, Thurs) • Closed (Sat & Sun).
- Duty-Free & Shopping - Aelia Duty-Free. Hours: Varies according to flight schedule. Location: Gate A (ground floor) and Gate B (1st floor). You will also find a Relay Shop available during flight operations. Location: Departures Hall (Landside).
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it is not known whether there are any 24 hour food options. The following are open during flight operation hours: Mattoni Grand Cafe (Location: Departures Hall, landside) • Bistro Gastro Cafe (Location: Landside, at the connecting corridor) • Bar (Locations: Gate A, ground floor and Gate B, 1st floor).
- Information Desk - Handling P1 & P2 parking payments, excess baggage payment, luggage storage, luggage wrapping, payment of Business Lounge access fees, airport souvenirs, flight information, and photo copying service. Location: Departures Hall (landside)
- Luggage Shrink Wrapping - Available 2 hours before departure of charter flights and 1 hour before departure of commercial flights. Rates start from CZK 50.
- Luggage Storage - Available at the Information Desk.
- Ostrava Information Service - Local travel information, ticket sales for local events and sports, and currency exchange. Also sells phone cards, beverages, maps, guide books, cigarettes, and other sundries. Location: Arrivals Hall (landside) Hours: 7:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon,Wed,Fri), 7:00AM - 6:00PM (Tues,Thurs). Closed Saturday and Sunday.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Ostrava Airport is served by bus lines 910-333, 820-150 and 880-670. Buses 910-333 and 820-150 stop in front of the Arrivals Hall, while bus 880-670 stops in front of the airport train station. Tickets are sold onboard the bus.
Avis, Budget, Europcar and Hertz offer car rental services onsite.
Taxis are available from a taxi stand located in front of the Arrivals Hall.
Located next to the Departure Hall, Ostrava Airport train station is served by train line S4. Train tickets are sold onboard and in the Arrivals Hall of the airport terminal.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.