Oulu Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Oulu Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Oulu Airport.
What to Expect
- The single terminal Oulu airport is the second busiest in Finland. There are around twenty daily flights to Helsinki. Oulu Airport is also extensively used by the Finnish Air Force for training purposes.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Oulu Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
Free unlimited WiFi is available in Oulu Airport. No password or registration necessary!
If sleeping in Oulu Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Finlandia Hotel Airport Oulu - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Scandic Oulu - (22 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Original Sokos Hotel Arina - (24 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Radisson Blu Hotel - (24 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Oulu Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM in the Arrivals Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - A child-size flight control tower with slide, colorful toys, a video corner, and more are available in the colorful children’s play area. Location: airside
- Duty Free & Shopping - Oulu Shop offers tax-free shopping in the airport. Rotuaari Pharmacy offers over-the-counter remedies for common ailments, but no prescription medications. Both Oulu Shop and the airport pharmacy are located airside, open during flight operating times.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Oulu Cafe (landside and airside) • Oluthuone Toppila (airside only)
- Rest Zones - Wait for your flight in comfort with one of the rocking chairs at the gate area, or play a tune on the piano in the Hailuoto Lounge waiting area!
- Smoking Room - Location: 1st Floor, airside, near the children’s play area.
The airport is open daily from 4:00AM - 2:00AM.
Public buses regularly connect the airport and the Oulu city center. Timetables and other details are available on the airport website.
A taxi stand is located outside the terminal. Taxis are available for each flight arrival. You can also pre-book taxis.
Several companies offer car rental services, including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt, Scandia Rent, FiRENTA, and PolarRent.
Last Updated: 09 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.