Paderborn Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Paderborn Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Very fine time to wait in the night for the first fly in the morning at 05.00 o'clock.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Paderborn Lippstadt Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a very limited selection of shopping and dining options. Food concessions close at night, so have some food and beverage handy for late-night snacking!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Paderborn Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: Airside, Gate 5. Lounge Acess: restricted to passengers with Lufthansa Business Class tickets or holders of airberlin Gold and Silver Card.
Free internet is available at Paderborn Airport for 3 hours. Connect to the “Telekom Network”, registration is required.
If sleeping in Paderborn Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Hotel Paderborn - (4 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Pension Kohlerhof - (15 min walk or 5 min drive from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Paderborn Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - At the time of this update, tours of the airport were available for groups of at least 15 people. Duration: 75 minutes. Rate: 6 euros (adults) and 3 euros (child).
- ATMs / Cash Machines - A cash machine is located across from the Information Desk (landside).
- Baby Care - Baby change facilities are located throughout the airport, 5 in total, if you require extra diapers or a bottle heater you contact the information desk or other staff members.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available (open 2.5 hours before first departure) and the Wave Airport Shop sells drinks, magazines, tobacco products, etc. Location: Ground Floor. Hours 2.5 hours before first departure and closes after last flight.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food and beverage concessions. Airside you will find the Bistro Lounge and Quax fast. fine. food.There is also a bar/restaurant on site however it is not known if this is Landside.
- Information Desk - Location: unknown Hours: open 24 hours
- Late Night Check-in - The Late Night Check-in counters open every day between 6:00PM - 8:00PM. The following airlines offer Late Night Check-in: Air Via, Air Berlin, Sun Express, Tuifly, Sky Airlines, Pegasus, Tunis Air, Air Europa, Bulgarien Aircharter and Germania. Check directly with your airline as this list may change.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Observation Deck -For a panoramic view of the airfield, head up to the top floor of the Quax-Hangar. The building has been designed to resemble the wing of an airplane. There is also a bistro on-site. Location: follow signs towards the "Airport Forum". Hours: 9:00AM - 10:00PM (Sun - Thurs) and 9:00AM - 12:00AM (Fri & Sat).
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
BBH shuttle bus lines S60 and 460 connect the airport with Paderborn Hauptbahnhof (main station). Connections to IC and ICE trains are available at Paderborn main station. Shuttle bus line NE (Night Express) offers one-way trips from Paderborn Königsplatz (main bus terminal) and Paderborn Hauptbahnhof to the airport, only on Friday and Saturday nights, and nights before public holidays.
Avis, Europcar and Sixt offer car rental services onsite.
Several companies offer door-to-door shared-ride and private shuttle service to and from the airport.
Taxis are available outside of the airport terminal 24 hours a day.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.