Palanga Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Palanga Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Palanga Airport.
What to Expect
- This small airport has two terminals: the South Terminal, renovated in the late 1990s, is check-in for all flights, and the newer North Terminal handles flights from non-Schengen zone countries.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport has limited operating hours that make spending the night impossible. See Airport Hours for details.
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Palanga Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available for up to 6 hours. Connect to the "Invest Lithuania Free WiFi" network.
If sleeping in Palanga Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Baure Resort - (6 minutes to the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Prie Juros - (6 min drive to the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Palanga Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM’s / Cash Machines - Yes, available however locations are not known.
- Baggage Carts - Free to use. Location: Arrivals Hall and Waiting Areas.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Cafe, Location: 1st floor • Bar (also serves snacks and nonalcoholic beverages), Location: Departures Hall.
- Lost Luggage - Go to the Ground Handling Agency in the passenger terminal.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Mail Box - Next to Entrance 2 of the passenger terminal.
- Medical First Aid - Report to the Airport Customer Service Office for assistance.
- Shopping - Location: 1st floor, near the cafe and Departures Hall, after check-in.
- Water - The airport sells 0.5l bottled water, before and after security for €1,00 (or less) in response to travellers complaints about the price of bottled water, the airport plans to keep the water at these prices until the screening procedures change allowing passengers to bring their bottles through screening points.
The airport is open from 6:00AM - 11:30PM (Sun-Fri) and 7:30AM - 9:30PM (Sat). Sleeping overnight in the airport is not possible.
A scheduled bus service links the airport with Klaipēda (Akropole) and Liepāja (Kuršu iela).
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Autocom, Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt and Trusticar.
A scheduled shuttle bus service connects the airport to Klaipēda bus station.
Taxis are readily available in front of the airport terminal. Total trip times in one direction: to/from Palanga city center 10 minutes; to/from Klaipēda 30 minutes; to/from Liepāja (Latvia) is 1 hour 20 minutes.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.