Prague Václav Havel Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Prague Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To cuddle up behind one of the pillars in the main hall works perfectly.. I always sleep like a child. -Simon
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Prague Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two public terminals. Terminal 1 is used for flights outside of the Schengen area, and has Concourses A and B. Terminal 2 is for Schengen area flights, and has Concourses C and D.
- This is a small airport that is easy to navigate. The facilities are generally clean, and overall the airport staff are tolerant of overnight travellers trying to sleep.
- Both T1 and T2 have 24-hour eateries, on Landside and Airside; coupons are available. See Food & Drinks in the airport guide below for locations.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Head to the Rest Area in T2, between concourses C and D on the first floor for some seats with footrests. It’s quiet and doesn’t have a lot of through traffic.
- There are plenty of seats around, though most have fixed armrests. You can spread out, but it isn’t super comfortable.
- The airport can be cold and bright, so bring a blanket and an eye mask
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are 9 rooms in the secure area of the Terminal 1, a hotel between Terminal 1 and 2 and other hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges; showers are available in most of them. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Prague Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Prague airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Mastercard Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 1st Floor. Showers are available. Hours: 5:30AM - 11:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CZK 720)
- Menzies Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Level 2. Non-Schengen flights only. Showers are available. Hours: 7:00AM - 7:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- VIP Service Club Continental - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: CZK 3 900 (approx. EUR 156) - 1 person • CZK 5 500 (approx. EUR 222) - 2 persons • CZK 7 000 (approx. EUR 280) - 3 persons • CZK 8 400 (approx. EUR 336) - 4 persons
- Erste Premier Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CZK 720)
- Menzies Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Level 3. Schengen flights only. Showers are available. 7:00AM - 7:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Citigold Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Landside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: CZK 850 / 1 person / 2 hours
- VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside. Hours: on request. Lounge Access: CZK 499 / 1 person / 2 hours
Free WiFi is available at Prague Airport. Connect to the "prg.aero-free” network.
If sleeping in Prague Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Rest and Fun Center - Located inside the transit (airside) area of Terminal 1. You must be a transit passenger or flying from Terminal 1. You must have a boarding pass for a flight from Terminal 1. If visiting the center earlier than 2 hours before your flight, you must have your luggage with you. Nine rooms are available for day use (8:00AM to 6:00PM; no reservation required) or overnight (6:00PM to 8:00AM; 48-hour advanced reservation required).
- Courtyard Hotel - (2 min from the airport) Located at the airport between Terminals 1 and 2.
- Holiday Inn - (2 min from the airport) Located 300 meters from Terminals North 1 and 2, next to the Travel Service building. Free airport shuttle available 24-hours, upon request via hotel reception or free intercom near Exit D from both terminals.
- Ramada Airport Hotel - Located at the South Terminal 3. Free airport shuttle from Terminals 1 and 2. Shuttle Hours: 24-hours on request. Pick-up is available from terminals 1 and 2. Use the courtesy phone or call +420 220111250 to request a pick-up.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Prague Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - The airport offers two hour tours. Visit the rescue and fire station, dispatch areas, cargo zone, lounges and other passenger facilites. Location: the tours start and end in Terminal 3 (the old terminal). Departures: see tour schedule here. Reservations: Required. Rates: CZK 150.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located landside in the Arrival Halls of T1 and T2.
- Baby Care Facilities - Located airside in T1 and T2 are special rooms designated for travelers with small children. These rooms provide a peaceful and private environment away from the crowds, with microwaves, diaper changing facilities, baby cots, play areas and more. If you just need to do a simple and quick diaper change, changing tables are available in most restrooms throughout the airport. Strollers are available for use, free of charge, throughout the transit area, all the way to your gate! Pick one up behind Passport Control in T1 or behind security check, on the right side, in T2.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - This airport does not skimp on the play areas! Slides, climbers, toys and more are available in two large Children’s Corners. Locations: T1, airside, behind Passport Control, on the left-hand side • T2, airside, left-hand side. Additionally, there are several mini play areas designed for children ages 3 - 8 years old, with interactive toys and building blocks. Locations: T1, airside, Gates A6-A9 / Gates B7-B9 / ground floor towards the rear end of Pier B • T2, airside, Pier C (ground floor) and Pier C (rear end) In the connector between T1 and T2 is the Bambule toy shop, with swings, climbers, and aviation-themed toys in the store’s play area. Need more? There are mechanical riding toys for the little ones located throughout the airport, and a play area with popular board games for older kids located landside in the T2 Departure Hall.
- Currency Exchange - Interchange currency exchange offices are located landside and airside in T1 and T2. Most locations are open from 6:00AM - 11:00PM, but you can find 24-hour branches landside in the Departures area of T1 and T2. Foreign currency ATMs are available in T1, at the landside Departures Hall and airside in the Transit pass. ATMs are available from 6:00AM - 10:30PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A wide variety of duty-free and retail shops are available in the airport. 24-hour shopping is possible with these three duty-free shops: Prague Duty Free Express (T1, airside, Level 1) • Dufry Shop (T1, airside, Level 1) • Dufry Shop (T2, airside, Level 2).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Bricco Express (T2, landside, Level 2) • Letiště Praha (T1, airside, Level 2).
- Information Desk - Main desk location: T1, landside, Arrivals Hall. Hours: Open 24 hours. Other information desks are located landside and airside in T1 and T2.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Rate: 120 CZK per luggage, per day Location: T1 and T2, near the baggage reclaim area Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - Available landside in T1 and T2
- Museum - Watch documentaries and view large format photographs and maps in the museum. Location: Terminal 2, landside, in front of the Observation Deck entrance. Rate: Free
- Observation Deck - There are two viewing terraces available. There is one located airside in the T1 transit area. Enter through the Prague Restaurant. The second observation deck is located in the public area of T2 Departure Hall, near the entrance to the connecting corridor between T1 and T2.
- Pharmacy - Location: T2, landside.
- Post Office - Česká Pošta Location: landside, in the connector between T1 and T2 Hours: 8:00AM - 6:00PM Mon-Fri and 9:00AM - 2:00PM.
- Prayer Rooms - Location: Terminal 1, Airside.
- Rest Areas - The Kooperativa Relaxation Zone has comfortable seating, high-speed WiFi access, flight info display screens and point-of-sale travel insurance kiosks. Location: T2, airside, 1st floor, between Piers C and D. @gutzanu on Twitter let me know that there are seats with footrests located airside near Gate A4.
- Rest and Fun Center - If you are a passenger transiting through or flying out of T1 (non-Schengen), you can enjoy a fun and relaxing layover in the Rest & Fun Center! The Rest & Fun Center offers an internet cafe and PC corner, refreshments, TV, WiFi, showers (fee), Xbox and more. For long layovers, you can rent a private mini-lounge to finish office work, play Xbox games, watch a movie or two, or enjoy some private family play time with your little ones. Maximum capacity is 4 people, and the rate starts at € 12 for a 2-hour stay. Hotel room-style overnight relax lounges are also available to rent for overnight stays. At least 48 hours notice is required if you wish to rent an overnight relax lounge for a stay between 6:00PM - 8:00AM. Contact the airport for entry requirements and rates. Location: T1, airside Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Showers - Showers are available, for departing passengers only, at the Rest & Fun Center, T1, Airside. Rate: 99 CZK for 30 minutes, including towels and shower products. Showers are free at the Rest & Fun Center if you rent one of the lounges. In T2, a shower is located airside in Pier D, opposite the ERSTE Premier Lounge. Towel and key are available at the lounge for a deposit of €10. Showers are free of charge.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus 119 runs a 15-minute journey between the airport and Nádraží Veleslavín metro station, for access to Metro Line A.
Bus 100 runs an 18-minute journey between the airport and Zličín metro station, for access to Metro Line B.
The Airport Express runs a 35-minute route between the airport and Prague’s main train station (Praha hlavní nádraží), for access to Metro Line C and connections to numerous trains (SC, EC, IC and EN) and tram lines.
Airport bus stops are located at Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 (in front of Arrivals Hall). Tickets are sold from 7:00AM - 10:00PM at the Public Transport counters in the Arrivals Halls of both terminals, and also available from automated ticket machines at the bus stops (cash only) or from bus drivers (cash only). Fares start at 32 CZK. For information on routes, schedules and the numerous ticket options available, visit the Prague Public Transit Co. website. Discounted train/Airport Express bus combination tickets are available through Czech Railways and RegioJet.
Intercity luxury coaches pick up and drop off passengers at Terminal 1, under the elevated highway at Parking Lot C. Services are available between the airport and these destinations: CBS Florenc, Karlovy Vary, Brno, Jihlava, Černý most, Liberec, Zličín, Plzeň, Ostrava, Zlín and Česky Krumlov. Tickets are sold in Terminal 1 (Arrivals Hall) and onboard the bus.
Car rental desks are located on the ground floor of Parking C. The following agencies operate onsite: Avis, Budget, Czechocar, Dvořák, Europcar, Hertz, Rent Plus and Sixt.
Cedaz offers a minibus service between the airport and city center, which operates daily from 7:30AM - 7:00PM. Minibuses depart every 30 minutes for the 30-minute journey, running between Terminal 2 (Exit E), Terminal 1 (Exit F) and V Celnici Street in front of the CSA terminal (just 50m from the Republic Square). One-way fare is 150 CZK per person, including 1 checked bag and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized luggage is not allowed on the minibuses. Tickets are sold at Cedaz information counters located in the Arrivals Halls of both terminals, near Exit E. Advanced reservations are not required.
Taxi service counters are located in the Arrivals Halls of Terminals 1 and 2. Taxis are readily available just outside of the exits. AAA Radiotaxi and Fix Taxi are the official airport taxi operators.
Last Updated: 07 October 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.