Rhodes Island Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Rhodes Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
found a quiet(ish) spot, chairs reasonably comfortable (considering I'd broke my foot), people leave you alone. It helps if you are inebriated. - Tony
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Rhodes Diagoras International Airport.
What to Expect
- A single-terminal airport, served by regional flights and seasonal international flights.
- Shopping and dining options are very limited, and there is currently no WiFi in this airport, so bring a book or some magazines for entertainment!
- No air-conditioning and overcrowded waiting areas during high season.
- Inefficient and lengthy airport procedures, lack of flight status information, chaotic boarding procedures and rude airport staff. We hear reports that flights are often delayed because the check-in process takes so long (nearly 2.5 hours, according to one reviewer!). Some of our reviewers were so put off by their experiences in this airport, they vow never to return to Rhodes!
Where to Sleep
- There are only metal benches. Bring a sleep pad and pillow for comfort!
- The lights are kept on overnight so eyeshades will help!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Rhodes Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Rhodes airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Filoxenia Lounge - Location: New Terminal Building, Landside, 2nd Floor of the Departures section. Hours: 8:00AM - 11:00PM (Tues, Thurs, Sun) • 8:00AM - 12:00AM (Wed & Sat) • Closed: Monday, Friday and Winter Season (31Oct-31Mar). Lounge Access: Book Online (£27.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Skyserv Lounge - Location: New Terminal Building, Airside. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£24.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
WiFi is not available at Rhodes Airport.
If sleeping in Rhodes Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Vallian Village - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel.
- Rhodian Sun Hotel- (8 min from the airport) Free airport transfer available on request.
- Anseli Hotel - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Rhodes Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available, the only other shopping choice is a kiosk selling magazines and drinks.
- Food & Drinks - There is a cafe, bar and restaurants available.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Yes, located in the baggage claim area.
- Medical Services - Yes, available at the medical center within the airport.
- Pharmacy - Rhodes Airport Pharmacy Location: Departures, free area, Gate 3.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Public buses run daily between the airport and Rhodes city center, with departures as frequent as every 30 minutes. A one-way trip takes 35 minutes and costs 2.20 €. Bus stops are located 300m from the airport terminal (in front of a small coffee shop) and at the central bus station on Averof Street. Tickets purchased at the airport bus stop must be paid in cash only.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Hertz and Sixt
Dark-blue and white airport taxis are available at the Taxi Station, located on the Arrivals Level of the airport terminal.
Last Updated: 13 October 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.