Santander Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Santander Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I went to the airport with the knowledge of having to sleep outside. I was kinda well prepared, had a sleeping bag, warm clothes, straw beach mat, the only thing I did not anticipate was the dew - crazybob
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Seve Ballesteros-Santander Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal international airport with a limited variety of shops and restaurants.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Santander Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Santander Airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
If sleeping in Santander Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Hiblanc - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Nueva Plaza - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel City Express Santander Parayas - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle, but easy accessible via public bus 12 from the airport, which stops directly at the hotel.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Santander Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes (3)
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a convenience type store.
- Food & Drinks - There are only two food options at the airport and neither of them are open 24 hours: La Barrila (Landside, Floor o) • Pic Nic (Airside, Floor 0). Vending machines are located in the Arrivals Hall, Floor 0 and Boarding Area, Floor 1.
- Information Desk - There is an information desk located landside, P0. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 6:00AM - 11:30PM (unconfirmed).
Bus service is available between the airport and Santander, with departures available every 30 minutes from 7:00AM - 11:00PM. Alsa offers scheduled service between the airport and major cities in northern Spain, such as Bilbao, Gijón, Oviedo and Laredo. Tickets are sold online or via automated ticket machines in the Arrivals hall.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Enterprise, Europcar and Hertz. Location: Floor 0.
Metered taxis are available at the taxi rank located outside of the airport terminal.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.