Santiago de Compostela Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Santiago de Compostela Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Calm airport. security staff does not bother you. is true they hasn't a lot of presence, but the airport is safe. - pablas
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Santiago de Compostela Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, newly-built single-terminal airport with clean facilities and a variety of shops and restaurants. Restaurants close at night, so have food and beverage handy for late night snacking!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Power outlets are readily available throughout the terminal.
Where to Sleep
- Definitely a sleeper-friendly airport! Past travellers have experienced a peaceful, quiet nighttime environment and accommodating airport security. Upstairs from check-in, you will find a dim and quiet area with armrest-free seating.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Santiago de Compostela Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Santiago Airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
If sleeping in Santiago de Compostela Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Garcas - (3 minutes from the airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport. The public bus stops at the hotel every 30 minutes on its way to/from the airport.
- Ruta Jacobea - (5 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle service until 11:00PM. Call hotel for airport pick-up.
- Pazo Xan Xordo - (5 minutes from the airport) No hotel shuttle, but there is a bus stop at the end of the lane for a public bus that goes to/from the airport.
- Hotel Amenal - (6 minutes from the airport) Located at the end of the Camino. No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Santiago de Compostela Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes (4). Location: Groundfloor, Arrivals Hall (2) and Groundfloor, Departures Hall (2).
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - There are two playgrounds for children on the ground floor, landside, and on the first floor, airside.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops.
- Food & Drinks - There are only three food concessions available at the airport, none are open 24 hours: Caffriccio (Landside, Floor 1) • Il Caffe di Roma (Landside, Floor 0) • La Pausa (Airside, Floor 1).
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, P1. Hours: unknown
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Lockers are located on the Level -4 of the general car park. Rates: €5.07 per half and full day.
- Luggage Wrapping - Yes, on the first floor of the check in hall. Cost: unknown.
- Medical Services - There is a First Aid Station located on the 1st Floor, Departures Level.
- Police Station - Yes, located on the first floor of the departures hall.
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Santiago Airport is served by several intercity bus routes offering scheduled service to Santiago, Lugo, Sobrado, A Coruña and Burela, with stops along the way.
The following car rental agencies can be found onsite: Atesa • Avis • Enterprise • Europcar • Hertz. Location: Floor 0.
A flat rate of €21 applies to trips between the airport and Santiago. Metered rates apply for all other destinations.
Last Updated: 28 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.