Southampton Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Southampton Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
If you're waiting for a ferry early in the morning and are thinking of spending the night at the (rather small) airport, forget it. - Anon
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Southampton Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal international airport with a very limited selection of shops and restaurants.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Southampton Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Southampton airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Breeze Priority Lounge - Location: airside, in the Departure Lounge on the 1st Floor. Hours: 5:30AM - 9:00AM (Mon - Sat) • 6:00AM - 9:00PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (£15.00) • Book Online (£16.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Flybe Executive Lounge
Free WiFi is available at Southampton Airport for 4 hours. Connect to the "Free SOU Airport" network. Beyond that time you can purchase more time for £3 (1 hour) • £5 (3 hours) • £9 (24 hours). There are also Internet-connected PCs available Landside and Airside.
If sleeping in Southampton Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel - (3 min walk from the terminal) Located next to the airport.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Southampton Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Landside, main concourse, next to Moneycorp bureau de change and Airside, lower level of the departure lounge, next to WDF. Some machines dispense euros.
- Baggage Trolleys - Provided free of charge.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Landside, Moneycorp bureau de change, Main concourse, next to WHSmith.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a WH Smith.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24-food options.
- Landside: The Globe Bar and Kitchen • Costa Coffee
- Airside: Costa Coffee • Olive Tree
- Information Desk - It is not known if there is desk available however the airport has ambassadors available to assist.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Landside, Servisair Desk. Rates: £6.00 per day.
- Mobile Charging - If you need to recharge or power your electronics, there are a few locations that provide free power sockets. Locations: at the desks in the departure lounge, The Globe and The Olive Tree also have power sockets for your convenience.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking Areas - There is a designated smoking area located outside on the central forecourt. Electronic cigarettes are permitted inside the terminal.
- Viewing Areas - If you want to watch the aircraft, there is a viewing area on the upper level of the departure lounge in Costa Coffee that overlooks the runway.
unknown (closed at night - unconfirmed)
Uni-link U1C and U1A buses offers daily service between the airport and the University, city center and Eastern Docks, with departures every 7 - 20 minutes, depending on the time and day. Velvet Bus links the airport to Hedge End and Eastleigh via bus stop at Southampton Airport Parkway train station. First Group buses offer hourly service to/from the city center, via Shirley and Millbrook. Wheelers Connect buses run Monday - Friday between the airport and city center, with stops along the way.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite at the Car Rental Reception Centre: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and National.
Checker Cars taxis operate 24-hours a day for rides to/from the airport.
Located only 60-seconds from the airport terminal, Southampton Airport Parkway train station offers direct train service to Southampton Central, with trains departing every 10 minutes.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.