St. Petersburg Pulkovo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our St. Petersburg Pulkovo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It is a small and outdated airport, but not too bad.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Pulkovo Airport.
What to Expect
- A large, newly-built single-terminal airport with a wide variety of shops and restaurants, including some 24-hour options!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, reviewers described their overnight stays as safe and pleasant, with plenty of armrest-free benches and padded seats available.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our St. Petersburg Pulkovo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at St. Petersburg airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Business Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Business Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 3rd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Aeroflot Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 3rd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Aeroflot Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 4th Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours.
- SNG Lounge - Location: Pulkovo 1, Airside, Sector B. Level 1 - International Departures, near Gate 11. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (652 RUR).
- AviaPanorama Business Lounge - Location: Pulkovo 1, Airside, Sector B, Level 3 - Domestic Departures. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1,652 RUR).
- Moskva Lounge - Location: Pulkovo 1, Airside, Sector V, Level 1 - Domestic Departures. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1,652 RUR).
- Pulkovo Lounge - Location: Pulkovo 2, Airside, Arrivals Hall. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1,652 RUR).
Free WiFi is available at St Petersburg Pulkovo Airport.
If sleeping in Pulkovo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Park Inn by Radisson Pulkovo St. Petersburg Airport - Connected to Terminal 1 via covered walkway. Shuttle Hours: 7:30AM - 11:00PM, departs every hour.
- Crowne Plaza St Petersburg Airport - (8 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle. Shuttle Hours: 6:00AM - 11:35PM, every 30 - 60 minutes depending on the time of day. Airport pick-up location: the first lane, opposite the arrival hall.
- Stary Zamok - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Pulkovo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: on every level.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby change facilities are located landside and airside on every floor.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - An Orthodox Chapel is available on the 2nd Floor. Hours: Not known.
- Children’s Area - 2 play areas can be found on the 3rd floor, international departures.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small variety of shops including a StopExpress selling food and snack items located Landside (arrivals).
- Food & Drinks - It is not known if any food concession are open 24 hours; however, you will have plenty of food options both Landside and Airside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes, short and long term storage is available. Location: 1st Floor. Rates: 300 RUB for first 24 hours and 100 RUB thereafter.
- Luggage Trolleys - Yes.
- Medical Services - Yes, a First Aid station is available. Location: 2nd Floor. Hours: 24 hours.
- Mother and Child Room - Includes all the comforts needed such as baby cots, change tables, fridge and chairs/sofas for relaxing. Location: 2nd Floor. Hours: 24 hours a day. Note - you must obtain a medical clearance certificate from the First Aid office before access is granted.
- Pharmacy - Yes, Healthy People operates 3 locations: 1st Floor Arrivals, 3rd Floor Departures and 2nd Floor Domestic Departures.
- Showers - Showers are available inside a few of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus and Minivan
Buses and minivans stop in front of the Arrivals Hall exit, running between the airport and Moskovskaya metro station. The following services are available: City Bus 39, Express City Bus 39Э and Minivan Taxi K39. City Bus 39 runs from 5:30AM - 1:30AM, departing every 12 - 20 minutes for the 35 minute trip between the airport and Moskovskaya metro station. A one-way fare is 28₽. Express City Bus 39Э runs from 5:25AM - 12:20AM, departing every 25 - 30 minutes. This non-stop service takes 20 minutes from start to finish, and costs 28₽. Minivan Taxi K39 runs every 5 minutes from 7:00AM - 11:30PM. Total one-way trip time is 15 - 20 minutes, and costs 36₽.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite on the first floor of the Arrivals area: Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport • Park Inn By Radisson Pulkovskaya.
For safety reasons, only use the licensed services of Taxi Pulkovo for rides from the airport. Taxis can be prepaid by cash or credit card at the Taxi Pulkovo service counters, located in the Arrivals Hall on the first floor of the terminal, or paid directly to the driver at the end of the trip (cash only). Receipts are available at the Taxi Pulkovo counters. At the time of this update, fares between the airport and destinations within the city limits range from 600₽ - 1400₽. Fares between the airport and nearby towns can cost as much as 2500₽.
Last Updated: 27 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.