Tenerife South Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tenerife Sur Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Not so big airport, steal beanches, I SLEPT OUTSIDE.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tenerife South Airport.
What to Expect
- A midsize three-story passenger terminal with a wide variety of shops and restaurants. 24-hour dining is available!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Bright lights and loud, frequent overhead announcements make sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones a MUST if you want to sleep in this airport!
- There are a few benches in the check-in area, or if you have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy, there is plenty of floor space available.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tenerife South Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Tenerife South airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Montaña Roja VIP Lounge - Location: Airside, P1. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM (Mon) • 7:00AM - 11:00PM (Tues & Sat) • 7:00AM - 9:00PM (Wed & Thurs) • 7:00AM - 12:00AM (Fri) • 7:00AM - 10:30PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€16.94) • Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Tenerife South Airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
Additionally, there are internet access terminals located at the Boarding Area, Level 0 and Check-In Area, Level 0.
If sleeping in Tenerife South Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Ucanca - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hostal Carel - (8 min from the airport) Budget accommodations near the airport, with rates starting at € 35,00 for a single room. No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Arenas del Mar - (10 min from the airport) An adults-only resort hotel. No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tenerife South Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, in the Arrivals and Departures Halls.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Floor 1, Departures Hall, Landside.
- Children's Play Area - Yes, Floor 1, airside. You can also take your children to the Observation area.
- Currency Exchange - Global Exchange has two counter locations: Airside, Floor 0, Boarding Hall • Landside, Floor 0, Arrivals Hall. Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as small selection of shops (GAP, Superdry, Sunglass Hut, souvenir shops, etc.)
- Food & Drinks - Cafe & Tapas is open 24 hours a day in both its’ landside and airside locations. Vending machines are located throughout the airport
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, P0. Hours: unknown
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Observation Deck - Yes, hours and fees are not known.
- Pharmacy - Location: Departures, Floor 0. Hours: vary depending on day of the week but is only open until 6:00PM at the latest.
- Police - Locations: Floor -1, Baggage Claim Hall • Floor 0, Baggage Claim Hall • Floor 1, Departures Hall.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus 343 offers nonstop service between Tenerife South and Tenerife North airports. Total trip time is 50 minutes and costs €9.35 for a one-way ticket. Service is also available between Tenerife South and Costa Adeje (Los Cristianos) for €3.70 or Puerto de la Cruz for €13.55.
Bus 111 travels between Tenerife South Airport, Santa Cruz and the major beaches. The fare between the airport and Santa Cruz is €9.35 one way, Los Cristianos is €3.20 one way and Costa Adeje is €3.70 one way.
Bus 450 runs between Tenerife South Airport, the town of Granadilla (San Isidro) and the major beaches. The fare between the airport and Granadilla is €2.45 one way, Costa Adeje is €3.70 one way and Los Cristianos/Playa de las Américas is €3.20.
All of the buses listed above stop at a bus stop just outside of the Arrivals exit at the airport. For more information on tickets and routes, visit the TITSA website.
Onsite car rental agencies, located near the exit in Arrivals, include Auto Reisen, Avis, Cicar, Europcar, Goldcar Rental and Hertz.
Metered taxis are readily available outside of Arrivals. From 6:00AM - 10:00PM, the initial fare is €3.15 plus €0.55 per km travelled. Slightly higher rates apply from 10:00PM - 6:00AM and on Sundays and holidays. An additional €1.70 surcharge is added to trips originating or terminating at the airport or the sea port.
Last Updated: 01 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.