Tenerife North Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tenerife North Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
we were turfed out and told it would re-open at six the following morning.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tenerife North Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal airport with a small variety of shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tenerife North Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Sala VIP Nivaria - Location: Mezzanine, Departures, Airside. Hours: 6:15AM - 10:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€16.94) • Book Online (£27 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Tenerife North Airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
If sleeping in Tenerife North Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Laguna Nivaria - (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Aguere - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- B&B La Laguna - (10 minutes from the airport) A budget accommodation featuring private doubles and 4-bed mixed dorms. No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tenerife Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There area total of 4 ATMs in the public area of the terminal, in the Arrivals and Departures Halls.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - There is a Bank located in the Arrivals that may provide currency exchange.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops including a Relay Shop.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24 hour food options at this airport. However, the following concessions are open during flight operation hours:
- Landside: Cafetería Careca • Cafe Select
- Airside: Burger King • Tasca Grill • Panaria Bar • Tenerife
- Information Desk - Location: P0. Hours: unknown
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Pharmacy - Yes, the Farmacia is located on the the Ground Floor, Arrivals. Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 8:00PM, Saturdays 8:00AM - 3:00PM, Sundays and Holidays are on-call only.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 6:00AM - 11:30PM.
City buses 102, 104, 107 and 108 link the airport with Santa Cruz, along with a few nearby towns. Route 343 links Tenerife North and South airports in a nonstop 50-minute journey (one way).
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Auto Reisen, Avis, Cicar, Europcar, Goldcar and Hertz. Location: P0.
Metered taxis are readily available at the taxi rank outside of the airport terminal.
Last Updated: 01 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.