Turin Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Turin Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Clean toilets, but the automatic flushing system tends to go crazy whenever you're seated - so watch out so you don't get flushed down. -Vibeke
photo credit: Raffaele Sergi / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Turin Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern international airport with a limited variety of shops and restaurants.
Inefficient airport procedures and understaffed security checkpoints. Some of our reviewers missed their departure flights from this airport and forced to stay the night due to last minute flight or gate changes that were not communicated properly to passengers. According to one reviewer, some flights do not appear on the flight board at all and changes are not updated on the flight board in a timely manner.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Hard and uncomfortable plastic seats or the floor. All seats have armrests, so the floor is a better option if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- If you plan to spend the night here, make sure to show up before the terminal closes for the night. Upon closing, all doors are locked, and passengers will not be let in or out.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Turin Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Turin airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Piemonte Lounge - Location: Main Passenger Terminal, Airside, Upper Level of the Departure Lounge. Hours: 5:30AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€25.00) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Sala Riservata Sagat - Location: landside, Check-in Area C/D. Rate: unknown
- Alitalia Welcome Lounge - Location: airside. Lounge Access: Free for Ulisse members. MilleMiglia members pay EUR 30.
- Alitalia VIP Lounge - Location: landside. Lounge Access: Free for Ulisse members. MilleMiglia members pay EUR 30.
Free WiFi is available at Turin Airport for an unlimited time period.
If sleeping in Turin Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Jet Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available to/from the airport (must be pre-booked through the hotel) for 4,50 Euro per person, each way.
- Flying Hotel - (6 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- B&B Casale Ricci - (20 min walk or 6 min ride from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Turin Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes - available landside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes - A Forexchange counter can be found landside.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops to pass the time. Crai Supermarket is available in Arrivals from 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Family Services - Stop by the Baby Lounge /Baby Pit Stop where there is a nursing room and a children’s play area. Airside, 1st Floor, Boarding Lounge.
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: €5,00. Buy at Fast Track services or at the airport ticket office. Note, service is free when booking Piemonte Lounge.
- Food & Drinks
- The following concessions are available:
- Arrivals - Autogrill Snack Bar • Autogrill Piazza Castello wine bar • I'Amme - Mozzarella Bar • Giappo - Sushi Restaurant
- Departures - Della Mole Restaurant • Briciole Bar
- Boarding Gates - Autogrill Dèlice Maison
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Not available
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open from 4:30AM until the last flight arrival/departure.
SADEM shuttle buses offer service between the airport and city center, with stops enroute at Porta Nuova and Porta Susa railway stations, via Stradella 242/245, Borgaro and Caselle. One-way fare is 6.50€, or 5.00€ with a Torino+Piemonte card. There is a 1.00€ extra charge for tickets purchased on board.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Locauto and Sicily by Car/AutoEuropa. Location: inside the multistorey car park and in the Arrivals Lounge.
Chauffeured car rental is offered 24 hours a day by the CTA (Consorzio Torinese Autoservizi) service desk on the Arrivals floor.
Metered taxis are available at the taxi rank located to the left of the Arrivals Level exit. A one-way trip between the airport and city center costs 30€ - 50€, and takes about 30 minutes.
Just meters from the airport terminal, Turin Airport railway station offers service to Turin GTT Dora railway station via 19-minute train ride.
Last Updated: 01 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.