Varna Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Varna Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
"Thank God it's over." - please, never again
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Varna Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern international airport served mostly by seasonal flights. A variety of shopping and dining options are available. There are two terminals, but only Terminal 2 is in use. Terminal 1 is only in use as a VIP area.
- Some reviewers were stuck in the airport due to flight delays
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- No specific sleeping spot was mentioned, but reviewers who did spend the night here reported freezing temperatures, due to the air-conditioning, and hard, uncomfortable seats. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket handy for warmth and comfort while you sleep.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Varna Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: Business Hall, Terminal 2, Airside, Ground Floor, in front of Gate 1. Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Varna Airport in Terminal 2.
If sleeping in Varna Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Gran Ivan - (11 min from the airport) Airport transfers available upon request.
- Hotel Odessos - (12 min from the airport) Airport transfers available upon request.
- Golden Tulip Varna- (12 min from the airport) Airport transfers available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Varna Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM’s / Cash Machines - See Banking.
- Banking - There is a bank located Landside, ATM’s may be available here. Hours: Saturday 9:00AM - 2:00PM and 3:00PM - 6:00PM and Sundays 10:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Location: Airside
- Currency Exchange - Locations: in the public area of the departure lounge, arrivals lounge and the baggage claim area.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops to pass the time.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there are no known food concessions that are open 24 hours. However, you will find food options both Landside and Airside.
- Information Desk - Yes, available.
- Medical Services - Yes at the Medical Centre, Terminal 2. Hours: 24 hours a day.
- Nursing Room - Yes, Airside.
- Smoking Area - There is a smoking terrace in the cateferia located airside.
- Visitor's Terrace - Location: Terminal 1, Departures
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Bus 409 offers service to/from Varna Cathedral in the city center and the Golden Sands Resort, with stops in between. Buses depart every 15 minutes outside of Terminal 2, and tickets can be purchased on the bus.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Choice Rent-a-Car, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt and Top Rent-a-Car. Location: Terminal 1, Arrivals Hall.
Taxis are readily available outside of T2 Arrivals. Fares can be prepaid in the Arrivals Hall before exiting, at the taxi rank or online. A one-way trip to/from the city center take 30 minutes and costs 10-20 Bulgarian leva.
Last Updated: 02 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.