About This Airport:
Venice Marco Polo Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Venice Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The police woke me from my half sleep no fewer than three times to check my passport and tickets. I should add that two of the times I was woken was by the same pair of policemen. -Damo
My husband and I stayed landside for four hours before we could check in. Dingy was the impression I got with regard to color scheme. There were two cafes offering deli style food, pizza slices, sandwitches etc. And two gift / book shops. It was horrendously hot, smokey and generally unpleasant. The ovens used to cook at the cafes were making the heat even more unbearable and there was a lack of seating available, we found a seat after a wait at one of the cafes.
Toilets. Dont know where to start. In the two cubicle toilet landside for ladies, there was a pile of used toilet papers next to the toilet going up to head height when you sit down. I was in such disbelief that I took a photo of it. Things were a bit better airside, but the toilet not that much cleaner. Was very glad when the plane actually took off and we knew it was behind us. A pity because Venice itself is beautiful.
The last review for this airport was in 2012. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Marco Polo Club - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: 5:30am-10:00pm. Rate: US$ 39 per person for 3 hours.
- Alitalia VIP Lounge - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor.
- Travelex Business Centre - Location: Landside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 9am - 6pm (Mon - Fri)
WiFi is available at the Venice Marco Airport for a fee. Connect to the "GuglielmoVeniceAirport" network. Internet kiosks are also available.
If sleeping in the Venice Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Annia Park Hotel - Located 660 yards from the Airport. Free airport shuttle from 430am - last flight.
- Courtyard by Marriott - Free shuttle bus runs 5am-11pm.
- Best Western Quid Hotel - opened in November 2010. Free shuttle bus available.
- ATMs / Cash Machines: Cash machines are available in the Arrivals area.
- Car Rentals: AutoEurope • Sixt • Avis • Budget • Easy Car • Europcar • Hertz • Maggiore • Thrifty and more.
- Chapel: Location: Airside, 2nd floor
- Currency Exchange: There are Forexchange and Tavelex counters located on the Ground floor in the Arrivals Area.
- Food / Dining
>>>Landside: Café Marco Polo
>>>Airside: Bricco ...Caffè • Café Marco Polo
- Luggage Storage / Lockers: Not available
- Observation Decks: There are two access points for the terraces. The best view is from the South Terrace. From there you can see the planes taking off and landing with the skyline of Venice in the background. Access to this terrace is only available to the lounge guests. On the north side of the terminal, you can view the apron, parking area, hangar and cargo terminal. Access to the north terrace is free.
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers: Not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
Venice Travel Resources
- Venice Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
- Alla Vite Dorata - I stayed here in May 2010. I loved it and highly recommended to anyone looking for a small b&b in Venice!
Last Updated: 23 May 2012 | Sources: Venice Marco Polo Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.