Venice Marco Polo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Venice Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The police woke me from my half sleep no fewer than three times to check my passport and tickets. I should add that two of the times I was woken was by the same pair of policemen. -Damo
by a traveller
July 2014 - Hello, my sister and I were stuck in the airport overnight because of a booking error. figured our misfortune may as well help someone so I will try to give you the hours. Unfortunately we were on the 'landside' and have very little information on the 'airside'. There is only a convenience like store that closed around 9:30 PM and a cafe with limited food options that closed around 11:30 PM. Most of the airport services seemed to close fairly early. The cafe opened up around 7:00 AM. There are bathrooms in all 4 corners also, but the only outlet I could find for charging electronics was just outside the cafe. As for sleeping there are benches and chair like benches but only a few spots without the low armrest/divider that makes it impossible to lay across multiple seats. There were quite a few people making camp and I saw no security or employees waking anyone. Well I hope this helps and if I see anything 'airside' worth mentioning I'll add it.
Have you been to Venice Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Venice airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Marco Polo Club - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: 5:30AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€28.00) • Book Online (£25.00) • Priority Pass.
- Travelex Business Centre - Location: Landside, 2nd Floor. Lounge Access: to be advised.
WiFi is available at Venice Marco Airport for a fee. Connect to the "GuglielmoVeniceAirport" network. Internet kiosks are also available.
If sleeping in Venice Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Annia Park Hotel - (3 min from the airport) Located 500m from the airport. Shuttle Hours: the shuttle bus departs the hotel every 30 minutes starting 4:30AM until the last flight. Travel time is approx. 3 minutes. If you are arriving at the airport, call +39 041 5415200 to request a pick-up. Airport pick-up location: wait inside Parking P2, near the white water tower.
- Bella Onda - (3 min from the airport) Shuttle Hours: a free shuttle to the airport is available upon request. Transfers are not available from the airport.
- Courtyard by Marriott - (3 min from the airport) Shuttle Hours: 5:00AM - 1:00PM, every 30 minutes. Pick up location at the airport is on the Departures Level, first lane, between gate G and H. In the afternoon, the frequency and pick-up location changes to 2:30PM to 11:30PM, departs every hour. The pick up is on the Arrivals Level, second lane, in front of gate B. Shuttle fee is € 2.00 per person.
- Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport - (3 min from the airport) Shuttle Hours: the shuttle operates between the hours: 5:00AM - 11:00AM and 3:00PM - 11:00PM. Reservations must be made 24-hours in advance.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Venice Marco Polo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines are available in the Arrivals area.
- Chapel - Location: Airside, 2nd floor
- Currency Exchange: There are Forexchange and Travex counters located on the Ground floor in the Arrivals Area.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food and beverage concessions.
- Landside: Café Marco Polo
- Airside: Bricco ...Caffè • Café Marco Polo
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Not available
- Observation Decks - There are two access points for the terraces. The best view is from the South Terrace. From there you can see the planes taking off and landing with the skyline of Venice in the background. Access to this terrace is only available to the lounge guests. On the north side of the terminal, you can view the apron, parking area, hangar and cargo terminal. Access to the north terrace is free.
- Prayer Room - Location: Floor 2,
- Showers - Not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Marco Polo Airport is served by several local bus lines. Bus tickets are sold at the Public Transport ticket office (in Arrivals), at automated vending machines near baggage carrousels 3 and 5, on ATVO buses and on FS Busitalia buses (surcharge applies).
The following destinations can be reached by bus from the airport: Mestre city centre (ACTV line 45); Mestre railway station (ACTV line 15 or ATVO FlyBus line 25); Padua-Abano-Montegrotto (FS Busitalia); Pordenone-Aviano (Marco Polo-ATVO shuttle); Santa Lucia Station (ACTV line 5 or ATVO Air Terminal line); seaside resorts of Jesolo,Cavallino, Eraclea, Bibione and Lignano (ATVO bus); ski resorts (Cortina Express year round to Alpines, seasonal service to Dolomites); Treviso (ATVO bus); Venezia Piazzale Roma (ACTV line 5 or ATVO line 35)
The following car rental agencies are located onsite at the ground floor of the Arrivals area: AutoEuropa, Autovia, Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Locauto Rent, Maggiore, Noleggiare and Sixt
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Antony Hotel • Bella Onda • Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport • Courtyard Venice Airport • Park Hotel Annia
The following companies offer motorboat transfers to and from the airport: ATI Venezia One, Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia, Consorzio Venezia Futura, Consorzio VWT, Venezia Motoscafi, Venezia Taxi Consorzio Motoscafi Servizio Pubblico and Venezia Turismo Società Consortile. Contact your service provider of choice for rates and details.
Because most of the city is off limits to automobiles, vaporettos (water taxis) are the more expensive, but preferred way to travel around Venice. However, land taxis can be taken into the city as far as Piazzale Roma, where you can walk or take a vaporetto to your hotel. Land taxis are still useful for traveling to the cruise terminal or reaching hotels located on the mainland or in the vicinity of Piazzale Roma. To find a taxi at the airport, follow the “Taxi” signs from Arrivals.
Vaporetto Water Bus
Transfer by vaporetto, also known as water bus or water taxi, is available between Venice Airport, Venice and the main Venetian Islands (Murano, Burano and Lido). In Venice, the vaporetto stops are at San Marco, Rialto, Fondamenta Nuove and Le Guglie. The airport boathouse is just a 7 minute walk via covered walkway, located to the left of the Arrivals Exit. Tickets are sold in the airport‘s Public Transport ticket office (Arrivals Hall), at automated vending machines near baggage carrousels 3 and 5, from the ticket office at the vaporetto dock and onboard the boat. For fares and timetables, go to the Alilaguna website.
Last Updated: 10 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.