Warsaw-Modlin Mazovia Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Warsaw-Modlin Mazovia Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Free WiFi and some comfortable seats are available. Sleeping in this airport is possible and comfortable and quiet!!! - yagiza
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Warsaw Modlin Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern, newly-built single-terminal airport with a small variety of shops and restaurants.
- Many reviewers describe the airport as packed to the hilt with people and not enough seating or restrooms available, as if the airport is not big enough to serve the amount of passengers that travel through.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- No specific spot for sleeping has been mentioned in past reviews. However, reviewers who spent the night at this airport described their experience as quiet, secure and uneventful. One reviewer did mention feeling cold from the air-conditioner, so you may want to have a travel blanket handy. Bench seating is available throughout the terminal.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Warsaw-Modlin Mazovia Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter the lounge at Warsaw Modlin airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- SkyLounge - Location: Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 5:00AM - 9:30PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (69 PLN) • Book Online (£20 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Warsaw Modlin Airport for 15 minutes. Registration is required.
If sleeping in Warsaw Modlin Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Royal Hotel - (8 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available 24 hours, upon request ($). Call 48 22 188 4 188 for pick-up.
- Hotelik - (8 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Hotel Sokolowska - (8 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Modlin Palace - (8 min from the airport) An airport shuttle is available ($).
- Versal Aparthotel - (13 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle FROM Modlin is available. There is a 20 PLN/person fee for the shuttle TO Modlin Airport.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Warsaw Modlin Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Euronet and BPS Group ATMs are located landside.
- Baby Care Facilities - There are 3 baby care rooms. Locations: Airside (just after security control) • Landside, Mezzanine Level (above the departures area) • Arrivals Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Currency exchange offices are available landside and in the non-Schengen Arrivals Hall.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A tax and duty-free shop is available airside in the Schengen area of the airport terminal. Limited retail shopping is also available airside in Schengen and non-Schengen areas, and landside. Shops are open from first flight until the last flight.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Information Desk - Locations: Landside, in the departures common area, opposite the check-in desks.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available, but we are told they are planning something for the future.
- Pharmacy - PharmFit - Location: Landside, Mezzanine.
- Rest Zones - While the airport does not have any designated Rest Zones, there are armrest-free benches in the departures area.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - There is a designated indoor smoking area Airside.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Modlinbus offers convenient and economical express transportation between the airport and several key destinations, including a nonstop express route to the Palace of Culture in Warsaw City Center (total trip time of 45 minutes one way). Current bus routes travel between Modlin Airport and the following destinations: Bydgoszcz, Chopin Airport, Dw. Wschodni, Dw. Zachodni, Łódź, Metro Młociny, Płock Jachowicza, Płock Wyszogrodzka, Toruń and Włocławek. Departures are scheduled to coordinate with RyanAir’s flight arrivals and departures. Tickets can be purchased online at discounted rates of 9 PLN and up, or from a sales kiosk or bus driver at fares ranging from 15 - 59 PLN, depending on the route. Only tickets purchased online guarantee a seat on the bus departure of your choice. Credit cards and cash are accepted, and even some foreign currencies (EUR, GBP, NOK, SEK, USD and CAD). For timetables, fares and tickets sales, visit the Modlinbus website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the landside area of the Arrivals Hall: Avis, Awos, Budget, Express, Hertz, National/Alamo, Panek and Sixt.
Taxis are readily available outside of the Arrivals exit. Licensed and authorized airport taxi service is provided by Sawa Taxi and Taxi Modlin. Fares between the airport and city center are fixed, and total travel time for a one way trip is 35 - 40 minutes.
Modlin Airport is connected to Modlin Railway Station via designated shuttle service. Buses run between the airport and the railway station every 20 - 30 minutes, coordinated with the arrivals and departures of Koleje Mazowieckie trains. From Modlin Railway Station, passengers have a choice of 42 daily train services: 28 trains to Działdowo (via Modlin), 11 trains to Chopin Airport and 3 trains to Warszawa Zachodnia. For timetables, routes and fares, go to the Koleje Mazowieckie website.
Last Updated: 03 October 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.