Yerevan Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Yerevan Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Arriving and having to get the visa can be a lengthy nightmare, especially if you have arrived behind a flight from Iran. At least one hour with people letting their mates in so movement ceases. -a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Zvartnots International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern and colorful international airport with one functioning main passenger terminal (Terminal 2) and a VIP terminal. Reasonably priced 24-hour shopping and dining options are available.
- The airport is very busy at night, due to the amount of incoming flights from Europe.
- A recent traveller suggests that after landing, you should pick up the Visa form and fill it out whilst waiting in the lengthy queue. Payment in AMR only. No other currencies are accepted.
- There are no exchange counters once you are airside.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Reviewers do report that there are plenty of comfortable chairs to lay across, and although you will be stared at for laying down or sleeping, no one will bother you. Write a Review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- You will need AMR to purchase Visa. One reviewer suggests getting the currency first, picking up the form and complete it while you are standing in line.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- If you have time to kill, downtown Yerevan is only 35 minutes from the airport. Visas are reportedly easy to obtain if you want to visit the city during a long layover.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Yerevan Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, 4th Floor. Showers are available. Hours: Open 24 Hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (AMD 20,000)
Internet is available at the Yerevan airport for a fee in the Business Center, New Passenger Terminal.
If sleeping in Yerevan Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Ararat - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available.
- Best Western Congress Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available ($).
- Erebuni Hotel - (15 min from the airport) A budget hotel in the city center. Roundtrip airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Yerevan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available both Landside and Airside including four currency exchange units located in Arrivals.
- Business Center - Location: New Passenger Terminal
- Car Rentals - Sixt
- Currency Exchange - Location: Converse Bank, Terminal 1, Check-in Area and Arrivals Hall.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a few shops selling convenience style items.
- Food & Drinks - Available landside and airside. It is unknown whether there is anything open 24 hours.
- Information Desk -Location: Terminal 1, Arrivals Level and Departures Level
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Departure Level. Fees: AMD 600 per item per 24 hours
- Showers - Available in the Business Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 03 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.