Amman Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Amman Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Only probs were the lack of tea or coffee or food- we were there from about 11pm to 5am and nothing was open. - Jennifer
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Queen Alia International Airport.
What to Expect
- A brand new, sleek and modern two-story passenger terminal with shops, a spa and lots of 24-hour dining options!
- Fast, efficient airport procedures, but going through immigration can be slow if you arrive during peak times.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Amman Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Amman airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Crown Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 3rd Floor. Showers are available ($). International flights only. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (30 JOD) • Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Petra Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, near Gate 208. Showers are available ($). International flights only. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£23.00)
Free WiFi is available at Amman Airport for up to 4 hours. After the 4-hour period runs out, you can reconnect for free by logging in again.
If sleeping in Amman Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Amman Airport Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle and meet & greet service available. A designated hotel employee will greet you at the airport with a name placard and also accompany you back to the airport for your scheduled departure flight. Airport services must be arranged in advance.
- Rumman Hotel - (30 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. A taxi can be arranged through the hotel for 14 JOD ($20)
- Mariam Hotel - (32 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. A taxi can be arranged through hotel for 14 JOD ($20).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Amman Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, in the Arrivals Hall.
- Banking - Bank of Jordan and HBTF offer full-service banking 24 hours a day in the Arrivals Hall (landside). AJIB also offers 24-hour banking (see Currency Exchange for locations). Arab Bank offers full-service banking. Location: Arrivals Hall, landside. Hours: 8:30AM - 3:00PM • 3:30PM - 9:30PM.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Europcar • Hertz • National • Payless • Thrifty. Location: Arrivals Hall of both terminals. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange - AJIB (Arab Jordan Investment Bank) offers full-service banking and foreign currency exchange at these five locations: in front of RJ’s check-in counters • Central Area (post-Immigration) • South Pier gates • Passport Control for Arrivals • Arrivals Hall, landside. Hours: Open 24 hours. Global Exchange also offers currency exchange in the airport, 24 hours a day!
- Children's Play Areas - Yes
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a variety of other shops. Snax Convenience Store offers 3 locations that operate 24 hours a day. Landside, Departures Hall • Landside, Arrivals Hall • Remote Boarding Area.
- Food & Drinks -
There are food and beverage concessions that are open 24-hours:
Grab & Go (Short Term Parking) • Grab & Fly Cafe (Departures Hall) • Blue Fig (North Pier, Departures Hall) • World News Cafe (RJ Check-in counters, Departures Hall) • Shawarma Rama (Central Area, Departures Hall) • Jareer (Central Area, Departures Hall) • Brasserie & Bar (Central Area, Departures Hall) • Catalina Cafe & Bar (South Pier, Departures Hall) • Crumz (South Pier, Departures Hall) • Starbucks (Central Area, Departures Hall and Arrivals Hall).
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Medical Care - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the airport clinic. Location: Arrivals Hall, Ground Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging - Free LG mobile charging units are available for use in the terminal
- Pharmacy - Locations: North Pier • South Pier (new extension). Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Prayer Rooms - Location: on the Departures and Arrivals levels.
- Rest Zones - Two quiet rooms are available to passengers in transit: Hajj and Omrah Rest Rooms
- Showers - Showers are available in the Petra and Crown Lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa - Bloom Spa - Location: Airside, North Pier. Hours: 24 hours a day.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport Express Bus
These buses run every 30 - 60 minutes from a designated bus stop outside of the airport terminal. Tickets are sold from an official kiosk inside of the airport. Buses run from 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
Prepaid taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Stop at the Prepaid Taxi booth in the Arrivals hall to pay for your ride. You will receive a ticket to give to your taxi driver before boarding the taxi.
Last Updated: 09 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.