Baghdad Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Baghdad Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
you have to pass like 4 or 5 checkpoints, and dogs have to sniff the hell out of you and your luggages. - a traveller
photo credit: USAID / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Baghdad International Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport has a regular passenger terminal and a military-use terminal. The passenger terminal has three concourses: Concourses A, B and C. An additional concourse is a VIP-only terminal, reserved for receiving foreign dignitaries.
- Limited dining options are available.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Baghdad Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Baghdad Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Baghdad International Airport Hotel - Located within walking distance of the VIP Palm Jet Terminal with free shuttle service to/from the airport.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Baghdad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - There is a restaurant, coffee shop, and snack bar in the airport. Hours and locations are currently unknown.
- Post Office - Yes
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Public buses operate between the airport and city center. Tickets are sold from a kiosk in the Arrivals area of the airport.
Cars for Hire
Due to the higher risk of carjackings and random attacks, it is highly recommended to hire a chauffeured car from a reputable car service instead of going with a self-drive car rental. Contact the private car service of your choice for rates and reservations.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Both metered and private taxis are available for hire from the ground transportation area of the airport. Taxis can also be pre-booked before arrival.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.