Basra Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Basra Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There is a little coffee shop that is open all night. A guy sleeps on the floor by the machines, wake him if you need anything. - Laura
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Basrah International Airport.
What to Expect
- A great little airport with courteous service and clean, comfortable facilities. Dining and shopping options are very limited.
- A crazy amount of security checkpoints, starting with the moment you are on airport property. Even your taxi will go through several security checkpoints! After all of that, the check-in and security checkpoint procedures seem to be a breeze!
- WiFi is provided by the airport. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Basra Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
According to a recent reviewer, Gate 4 has a lounge for business class travelers with wifi, coffee, tea and food. "Very comfortable and pleasant." At the time of this update, we do not have any information about hours or fee to enter the lounge. If you have this information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WiFi is available at Basra Airport.
If sleeping in Basra Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Shams Al-Basra Hotel - (30 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available.
- Basra International Hotel - (30 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Basra Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.