Dubai World Central Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dubai World Central Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Also be careful about laying on the floor at this airport. I did so and found not only dozens of tiny insects but an actual scorpion checking out my laptop! - 5ftman
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Al Maktoum International Airport.
What to Expect
- Once the pet project of Dubai’s late Sheikh Maktoum, this airport is struggling to live up to its promise to be the world’s largest international airport. Upon completion, the airport is expected to have three passenger terminals with multiple concourses, shopping malls, hotels, and a high-speed train linking the airport from its remote desert location to Dubai International Airport. The estimated date of completion has been changed from 2017 to 2027.
- At this current time, few flights serve this airport. Shopping and dining options are very limited here, and the airport’s “free” WiFi is reportedly a scam.
Where to Sleep
- One reviewer who attempted to sleep on the floor was greeted by tiny insects and a scorpion!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Dubai World Central Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Dubai World Central airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Marhaba Lounge - Location: Passenger Terminal, Airside, Level 1. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£29.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
If sleeping in Dubai World Central Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- easyHotel Dubai Jebel Ali - (20 min from the airport) Budget hotel near the airport. WIFI available (fees apply). No airport shuttle.
- JA Jebel Ali Beach Hotel - (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($).
- JA Palm Tree Court - (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($).
- Premier Inn Investments Park - (20 min from the airport) No shuttle to World Central Airport, but hotel does provide free shuttle to Jumeirah Beach Walk and three shopping centers.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dubai World Central Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Al Maktoum Airport. Connect to the "DWC Free WiFi" network.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, located throughout the airport, both landside and airside.
- Baby Care Facilities - Dedicated baby care facilities are available. Ask a “May I Help You?” staff member for assistance.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Emirates NBD offers currency exchange in the Departures area, while Sharaf Exchange and UAE Exchange offer services in Arrivals.
- Duty Free & Shopping - At the time of this update, all of the airport’s shops offer duty-free shopping in the designated DWC Duty-Free area.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining. Dining options are: Costa Coffee • McDonald’s • O'Brien's • Starbucks
- Information Desk - There are 3 desks located landside and 1 desk airside.
- Luggage Storage - At the time of this update, luggage storage is not available.
- Luggage Trolleys - Free
- Luggage Wrapping - Available for AED 25 per piece of luggage. Location: Check-In, landside, opposite Counter 42.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the Medical Centre 24 hours a day. Ask a “May I Help You?” staff member for assistance.
- Pharmacy - Bin Sina. Location: DWC Duty-Free area. Hours: unknown.
- Prayer Rooms - Muslim prayer rooms and ablution areas are available throughout the airport and car parks.
- Showers - Free showers are available. Location: Airside, between gates 1 and 6 • Airside, Mezzanine level near the Marhaba Lounge.
- Smoking Rooms - Yes, designated smoking rooms are provided both landside and airside.
The airport is open 24 hours.
If traveling light, public bus is an economical way to travel to and from the airport. Bus F55 offers hourly service to and from Ibn Battuta Metro Station, while the metro is in operation. Otherwise, Bus F55A will take you to and from Satwa Bus Station during metro off-hours.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Dollar • Europcar • Hertz.
Metered taxis are available for hire 24 hours a day from the taxi rank at the ground transportation area of the airport. Taxis are cream-colored, except for pink taxis, which are operated by female drivers. A flag drop charge of AED25 applies to rides departing from the airport.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.