Erbil Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Erbil Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Baggage handling is very slow, and in case of delayed baggage you need to go collect your things, no matter how much it will cost you to travel back to Erbil - a traveller (2016)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Erbil International Airport.
What to Expect
- A new and modern single-terminal international airport. Shopping and dining options are limited and pricey, but open 24 hours.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Erbil Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Diwan Lounge - Location: unknown. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: unknown
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Erbil Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ankawa Royal Hotel & Spa - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Darin Plaza Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Grand Palace Hotel- (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Jouhayna Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport pick-up available
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Erbil Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care Facilities - Limited baby care facilities are available.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Yes, open 24 hours.
- Food & Drinks - Yes, available 24 hours.
- Prayer Room - Yes, open 24 hours.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Taxis are available for hire 24 hours a day just outside of the terminal or at the taxi reservation center. At the time of this update, the average one-way fare from the airport to the city center is about $15 USD and from the city to the airport is around $10. Payment is by cash only. Important note: All vehicles traveling to the airport are required to stop at a security checkpoint for a baggage search before reaching the airport. You will be required to exit the vehicle, but will be allowed to re-enter the taxi after the search is conducted.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.