Kuwait City Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kuwait Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Kuwait airport has grown to become a shopping mall.
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kuwait International Airport.
What to Expect
- A busy single-terminal international airport with a wide variety of shops and restaurants, both landside and airside. 24-hour shopping and dining are available, but limited!
- Disorganized, unruly and inefficient airport procedures, especially at boarding and passport control. Some reviewers report mistreatment or refusal of assistance to certain foreign nationals by airport staff, especially in Customs/Immigration.
- Delayed flights are a regular occurrence at this airport.
- The “No Smoking” policy is never enforced. Despite designated smoking areas, travelers can be seen smoking freely throughout the terminal.
- Severe lack of seating airside means lots of passengers sitting on the floor while waiting to board.
Where to Sleep
- Foreign nationals are not allowed to remain in the airport for more than 3 hours, and overnight stays are out of the question. All foreign travelers who attempt to spend the night will be escorted to a nearby transit hotel. For Kuwaiti nationals who wish to spend the night at the airport, there is a sleeping area behind the big, round mosque above the security checkpoints on the Departures level.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kuwait City Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Kuwai City airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Kuwait Airways Dasman Lounge - Location: Airside, opposite Gates 22 and 23. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (KWD 12.00)
- Pearl Lounge - Location: Airside, opposite Gate 2. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Dasman Premier Lounge - Location: Airside, after Gate 26. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (KWD 6.00)
- Pearl Lounge Sheikh Saad - Location: Sheikh Saad Terminal, Airside. Fly Dubai International passengers only. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Kuwait Airport. Connect to the "free.airport.wi-fi" network.
If sleeping in Kuwait City Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Safir Airport Hotel - Located on airport grounds between the Main Terminal and the Amiri Terminal, and directly accessible from the runway, this hotel is for transiting passengers.
- Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
- Continental Suite Farwaniya - (5 min from the airport) Free airport transfers.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kuwait City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Mall - You name it, it’s available here: Duty-free shopping, retail stores, a food court, restaurants, banking, currency exchange, ATMs, car rental agencies, pharmacy, medical clinic, barbershop, mobile phone kiosks and hotel reservation desks. 24-hour shopping and dining options are available! Location: Connected to both Arrivals and Departures Halls of the main passenger terminal. Easily accessible by passengers, airport staff and the public.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available at the airport and the Airport Mall.
- Banks - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, there are 3 locations providing currency exchange.
- Duty Free & Shopping - See “Airport Mall”
- Food & Drinks - See “Airport Mall”
- Luggage Packing - 24-hour luggage packing service available.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Medical Care - The Health Center offers 24-hour medical care to all passengers and airport staff.
- Pharmacy - Yes, located in the Airport Mall.
- Showers - Showers can be found in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 22 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.