Bahrain Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bahrain Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We went straight to the pub which is without a doubt the best place to relax in this airport. It is behind a non-de script unmarked door (there are no signs that say, "the bar is this way" in a muslim country). - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bahrain International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small two-terminal international airport, with a wide variety of shops, restaurants and services.
- Reviews are mixed on this airport’s procedures, with some travelers reporting fast and efficient check-in and security lines, and others reporting long, slow lines, disorganization and rude staff.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There are plenty of benches available in the airport if you need a place to lay down.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bahrain Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bahrain airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Marhaba Arrivals Lounge - Location: Arrivals Corridor, Airside, before immigration. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door ($16) • Book Online (£13.50 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Marhaba Upper Lounge - Location: Airside, near Gate 17B. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door ($40) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Mahaba Lower Lounge - Location: Airside, near Gates 31-36. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door ($40) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Dilmun Lounge - Location: Airside,1st Floor, Gate 16. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (BHD 18.00)
Free WiFi is available throughout the airport as well as free internet kiosks.
If sleeping in Manama Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Mövenpick Hotel - (3 min walk from the airport) Located across from the airport. Airport transfers are BD 3 each way.
- Dragon Hotel & Resort - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Sea Loft Boutique Chalet - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotel deals in Manama on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, machines can be found on Level 1 in both Arrivals and Departures.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby change facilities are located throughout the airport, both landside and airside.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, in Arrivals, Level 1. Fees are not known.
- Banking - Ahli United Bank and NBB offer onsite banking services.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex and BFC (Bahrain Financing Company) offer currency exchange services. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Bahrain Duty Free offers 24-hour duty-free shopping.
- Food & Drinks - There are 24-hour food concessions at this airport, but the names/locations are not currently known.
- Information Desk - Yes, desks can be found in Arrivals, Level 2 as well as in Departures, Level 1.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Medical Services - Departures, Level 1, near Gate 12B. Hours: Not known.
- Pharmacy - Departures, Level 1, near Gate 12B. Hours: Not known.
- Prayer Rooms - Separate prayer rooms for men and women are located on the Departures and Arrivals level.
- Showers - available in the Dilmun Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Car rental desks are located in the public area of the Arrivals concourse on the ground floor. The following agencies are available onsite: Al Kobaisi, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Gulf Car Hire, Hanco, Hertz, Montreal, National, Oscar, Sixt and U Drive.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required. At the time of this update, the starting fare is 1 BD, with a 200 fils charge per km during first period (6:00AM - 10:00PM). Rates are slightly higher during second period (10:00PM - 6:00AM), and surcharges apply to fares from taxis picked up at the airport or hotel taxi ranks, travel during Hijiri holiday and parties of more than 5 passengers. The following estimated fares were current at the time of this update: Muharraq 5 BD, Manama 6 BD, Saar 10 BD, Riffa 12 BD and Zallaq/F1 15 BD.
Last Updated: 05 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.