About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Muscat Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The only place that was comfortable was Costa Coffee which had some softer chairs and two sofas - my tip would be to get there fast and bag a sofa. We weren't quick enough the first time round! - Gillycat
The Muscat Airport isn't ideal for sleeping. In the pre-terminal area, there are few seats and most of them are exposed and leave little privacy. There are a few areas that are tucked away from the major crowds and here you can catch a little rest. The one downside is that they're located close to the foreign worker processing area and it can get a bit loud. If you're awake though, it's interesting people watching.
There are a few restaurants in the airport, as well as a coffee shop and a book store. I was so tired that I fell asleep in one of the booths at the restaurant for at least two hours. I felt very bad for this, but the staff were very nice and didn't seem to mind. Probably because it was 4 am and I looked exhausted.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Plaza Premium International Departures Lounge - Location: Airside, opposite Gates 1-10. Showers are available. Hours: 24 hours. Lounge Access: RO10 per person (at the door) or £25.00 per person for up to 3 hours and £29.00 per person for up to 3-6 hours (book online).
- Plaza Premium International Arrivals Lounge - Location: Landside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Rate: RO 15 (5 hrs).
- Oman Air Premium Class Lounge - Location: Airside
Free WiFi is available at the Muscat Airport.
If sleeping in the Muscat Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Golden Tulip Seeb (2.1km) 5 minutes from the airport. Airport shuttle available.
- The Chedi Muscat (11.7km) 15 minutes from the airport.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Muscat Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 5 ATMs located landside and airside.
- Car Rentals - AST • Budget • Eurocar • Sixt • Thrifty • 4x4. Locations: Landside, Arrivals Hall
- Children's Play Area - Location: Airside
- Currency Exchange - There are Travelex Foreign Exchange counters located in the Arrivals Hall (airside and landside).
- Food / Dining - At the time of this update it is not known if there are any 24 hour food concessions available.
»Landside: Coffee & More • idili • Curry Kitchen • Automatic • Costa Coffee
»Airside: Costa Coffee • Irish House • idili • Curry Kitchen • Automatic • Costa Coffee • DQ Grill & Chill • Subway
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Information not available
- Mosque / Prayer Room - A mosque is available in the Arrivals area. There is a separate prayer room for male and female passengers available airside in the departures area near the duty free section on the first floor.
- Showers - available in both Plaza Premium Lounges
- Smoking Room - Location: Airside
Open 24 hours
Last Updated: 06 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.