Muscat Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Muscat Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The only place that was comfortable was Costa Coffee which had some softer chairs and two sofas - my tip would be to get there fast and bag a sofa. We weren't quick enough the first time round! - Gillycat
By Andre Souza
October 2015 - This airport is seriously outdated if compared to other neighbors in the region, lines are huge, service ultra slow, depending on nationality, you have to buy the visa before clearing immigration, they accept dollars and euros as long as you change to some local money with them. Immigration officers like to chat a lot between themselves and travelers alike, it took them 1 hour to clear like 15 travelers, internet is free but if you don't have a local number, go to the information counter before immigration and ask for the password, they are friendly they will help you out. By the time you get to the baggage hall there will be hundreds of bags waiting for their owners to clear immigration, they say there are buses on the high way outside, good luck with that because they run when they feel like it, a traveler told me she waited almost 2 hours for one! You can't actually sleep on the chairs, but there's carpet on the floor and some stations close to costa cafe have charging outlets. They are building another airport, luckily because this one is a disgrace!
Have you been to Muscat Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Muscat airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Plaza Premium Lounge (International Departures) - Location: International Departures, Airside, opposite Gates 1-10. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (RO10 - 15) • Book Online (£25.00 - up to 3 hours or £29 - up to 6 hours) • Priority Pass.
- Plaza Premium Lounge (International Arrivals) - Location: International Arrivals, before Immigration and adjacent to the Visa Collection counter. Showers and nap rooms are available ($). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (RO15) • Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass.
- Majan Lounge - Location: International Departures Terminal, Airside, Ground Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£20.00) •Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Muscat Airport. You will need to provide your mobile phone number for access.
If sleeping in Muscat Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Golden Tulip Seeb - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available.
- Holiday Inn Muscat Al Seeb - (8 min from the airport) Free airport pick-up for executive room guests only.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Muscat Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 5 ATMs located landside and airside. Some machines dispense for foreign currencies.
- Baggage Trolleys - available free of charge. If you require a porter, the rate is RO1.500.
- Children's Play Area - Location: Airside
- Currency Exchange - There are Travelex Foreign Exchange and Jadded Foreign Exchange counters located both airside and landside. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available (5 locations) as well as a small selection of other shops.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it is not known if there are any 24 hour food concessions available.
- Landside: Coffee & More • idili • Curry Kitchen • Automatic • Costa Coffee
- Airside: Costa Coffee • Irish House • idili • Curry Kitchen • Automatic • Costa Coffee • DQ Grill & Chill • Subway
- Luggage Trolleys - Available free of charge. If you require a porter, the rate is RO1.500.
- Medical Care - First aid and emergency medical attention is provided at the airport's medical clinic. Location: Arrivals Terminal, before immigration. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Mosque / Prayer Room - A mosque is available in the Arrivals area. There is a separate prayer room for male and female passengers available airside in the departures area near the duty free section on the first floor.
- Showers - available in both Plaza Premium Lounges
- Smoking Room - Location: Airside
The airport is open 24 hours.
There is a bus stop on Sultan Qaboos Highway, a short walking distance from the airport terminal building.
Car rental service is available at the airport.
Some local hotels provide airport shuttle service. Contact your hotel directly for shuttle information and availability. The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: The Chedi Muscat • Eastin Residences Muscat • Majan Continental Hotel • Remas Hotel Suites.
Oman Air Chauffeur Service
Door-to-door private airport transfers are available for first and business class passengers on Oman Air. Arrangements can be made through a travel agent or Oman Air customer service.
Taxis are readily available at the airport, and can be booked online, by phone, or booked and prepaid at the Muscat International Airport Taxi Counter, located outside of Arrivals. If hiring a taxi privately, agree on a fare beforehand.
Last Updated: 15 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.