Riyadh Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Riyadh Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Security is amazing, and they will let you strip to your boxer shorts in public to attempt to get through the metal detector without it beeping. - Ade
I was dreading this one after hearing so many horror stories! ('Muttawa' religious police hounding people, no shops etc. I was actually pleasantly surprised. Yes, it is grubby and yes if you're a rabid feminist you might not like the sight of hundreds of obedient tents meekly following their husbands around but it's ok-really! There are lots of places to eat, nothing too exciting, just coffee stalls (tip: check the riyal rate first to make sure you aren't getting ripped off). What really surprised me through was when my connection wasn't listed and I approached a member of staff, he actually smiled politely and told me not to worry! So, good to change your perceptions of the Saudis anyway! Most people seemed nice, a bit of staring but not unfriendly. Final two tips, avoid the toilets, unless you want to be the index case of Ebola's long lost cousin and don't worry too much when the entire airport suddenly drops to their knees and starts prostrating! It's Saudi Arabia after all!
Have you been to Riyadh Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Al-Fursan Golden Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, near Gate 21. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Al-Fursan Golden Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, near Gate 38. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Plaza Premium - coming soon
Free WiFi is available at Riyadh Airport with purchase at Starbucks.
If sleeping in Riyadh Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Makarim Riyadh Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Located next to the airport terminal. No airport shuttle.
- Meral Crown Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
- Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Mercure Value Riyadh - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Riyadh Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Medical Care - Yes
- Mosque - Yes
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
@AirportSleeper Starbucks w/ free WiFi in Terminal 2 & tons of charging stations; all good there. just need an in-terminal transit hotel :)— Kevin Shane (@kevin_quicksand) February 19, 2014
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Riyadh Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Riyadh Travel Resources
- Riyadh Hotels - search for deals, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.