Riyadh Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Riyadh Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Security is amazing, and they will let you strip to your boxer shorts in public to attempt to get through the metal detector without it beeping. - Ade
January 2015 - Better replace any cravings for alcohol with chocolate. A plenitude of those stores, even those Kinder Easter egg things, though its Christian and they do not even know it. As for sleep - good luck. Not a chair to crawl under even if you smuggle stuff to raise a buzz. Would not recommend that either - smell a whiff on you and its the cavalry. Dinky airport, shops over priced and a closet for a smoking room. Yeah, I am still politically incorrect and smoke heinous cigarettes. Anyway, I digress, the airport in Riyadh is clean as a baby's bottom after yore mother with baby powder and ever'thin', but you really, seriously, do not, can not sleep there. Make sure you have a pick up - and be wary - the religious police might catch ya.
Have you been to Riyadh Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Al-Fursan Golden Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, near Gate 21.
- Al-Fursan Golden Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, near Gate 38.
- Plaza Premium - coming soon
Free WiFi is available at Riyadh Airport with purchase at Starbucks.
If sleeping in Riyadh Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Makarim Riyadh Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Located next to the airport terminal. No airport shuttle.
- Meral Crown Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
- Holiday Inn Riyadh Izdihar - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Mercure Value Riyadh - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Riyadh Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - Yes
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Medical Care - Yes
- Mosque - Yes
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
@AirportSleeper Starbucks w/ free WiFi in Terminal 2 & tons of charging stations; all good there. just need an in-terminal transit hotel :)— Kevin Shane (@kevin_quicksand) February 19, 2014
Last Updated: 14 November 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.