Edmonton Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Edmonton Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was able to build a very comfortable bed between two chairs of my own, and actually almost overslept! - mrbene
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Edmonton International Airport.
What to Expect
- Edmonton airport has a single, long terminal.
- There is a 24 hour Tim Horton’s, found landside.
- One airport employee left a review citing reports of theft, so be sure to keep a good eye on your belongings.
- Frequent and annoyingly-loud PA announcements that make it nearly impossible to sleep or relax at night, even with earplugs or headphones.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers reported multiple sleeping options throughout the airport, both landside and airside.
In particular, you you might enjoy the sofas by Gate 56 or the designated rest zone near Gate 16.
- This airport can be noisy and bright, so considering packing earplugs or noise cancelling headphones and an eye mask.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to the terminal and other nearby hotels that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Edmonton Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Edmonton airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: US Transborder Departures, Airside, near Gate 88. Hours: 4:30AM - 6:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CA$ 40 - 2 hours • CA$ 50 -3 hours • CA$70 - 6 hours) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: Domestic-International Departures, Airside, Level 2, Gate 52. Hours: 4:30AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CA$ 40 - 2 hours • CA$ 50 -3 hours • CA$70 - 6 hours) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Location: Airside, Domestic/International, South Terminal. Lounge Access: Maple Leaf Club Membership • Air Canada ticket holders can purchase a pass at the time of booking or online check-in.
Free WiFi is available at Edmonton Airport. Connect to the "EIA_FREE_WIFI " network.
If sleeping in Edmonton Airport does not appeal to you, there are a few hotels at the airport and near the airport:
- Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel - This is the only hotel connected to the airport.
- Ramada Edmonton International Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- Executive Hotel Alexandra at Edmonton Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- Super 8 Edmonton International Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Edmonton Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 19 ATM machines in the airport. 8 are located landside and 11 airside (including 3 on the US Departures side).
- Business Workstations - Location: airside, Central Hall, Domestic & International Passenger Lounge and landside at the Information Booth on the Arrivals Level. Rate: free (time limit 10 minutes)
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Interfaith Chapel. Location: Landside, Arrivals at the south end of the terminal. Hours: open 24 hours
- Children’s Play Areas - There are four areas set-up with play areas for young travellers. Locations: US Departures Lounge • Domestic-International Departures Lounge • North Terminal Departures Lounge • Arrivals Level (opposite the Information Booth). The US Departures area also has an X-Box connection for older kids.
- Computer Station - The information desk has a computer terminal for public use, free of charge for 10 minutes.
- Currency Exchange - There are five International Currency Exchange offices. There are 3 locations landside and 2 locations airside (Central Hall Departures Lounge and US Departures Lounge).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Two duty-free shops are available only to passengers leaving the country directly from Edmonton. Two airside locations: South Departures Lounge and US Passengers Lounge
- Food & Drinks - There is a 24 hour Tim Hortons available in the Central Hall, Arrivals Level 1 (landside).
- Information Desk - Location: (landside, Arrivals Level, across from Door 7). Hours: 8:00AM - 12:00AM (Mon - Fri) • 9:00AM - 8:00PM (Sat) • 9:00AM - 12:00AM (Sun)
- Live Entertainment - live performances, interactive activities and art displays are held throughout the year.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Available for transit passengers only. Photo ID and flight itinerary or boarding pass required (flight must be within 24 hours). Prices start at $3 and up. Hours: Open 24 hours. Two locations: landside, Arrivals Level, between Doors 5 and 7 • landside, Departures Level, south of Door 27, opposite Travel & Leisure store.
- Mobile Charging - Charging stations are located throughout the terminal.
- Smoking - There are seven smoking areas available on the Departures and Arrivals levels (landside). There is nothing airside.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus and Shuttle
Route 747 Bus, an express service on the Edmonton Transit System’s network, transfers passengers between the airport and Century Park Transit Centre in just 24 minutes. Connections to other ETS transit services are available throughout the journey. Departures are available every 30 minutes during peak times (departures are hourly at all other times), and service starts as early as 4:10AM from Century Park and 4:34AM from the airport. The airport bus stop is located outside of Door 8, Arrivals Level, between Tim Horton’s and Mac’s Convenience Store. Fare is $5 cash or 2 adult ETS tickets. Tickets are sold 24 hours a day at the EIA Ground Transportation Booth, near Door 7 on the Arrivals level, or at the ETS Customer Services Office in Edmonton City Hall.
Skyshuttle is a shared-ride door-to-door service that operates between the airport and Edmonton, stopping only at requested locations. Service must be booked in advance, either online or by telephone. From Door 7 on the Arrivals Level, shuttles depart for downtown Edmonton every 30 minutes, and West End every 45 minutes (every 60 minutes after 6:30PM). On weekends, service to downtown is every hour on the hour, and service to West End is every 30 minutes past the hour. Last shuttle departs the airport at 1:30AM. Fares start at $18 per person one-way or $30 per person roundtrip.
ebus offers daily coach service between the airport, Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary. Services are timed to coincide with many flight schedules, particularly Icelandair. Buses heading to Calgary depart from Edmonton, then stop at the airport (12:00PM and 6:30PM) and Red Deer on the way. The same trip is made in reverse for trips to Edmonton, arriving into the airport at 2:35PM and 9:15PM. Pickup and drop-off is at the Courtesy Shuttles area outside near Door 9. Discounted fares are available online.
Red Arrow offers shuttle service between Cold Lake and the airport, stopping along the way in Bonnyville, Smoky Lake and Edmonton. The Red Arrow Cold Lake Connector service operates five days a week on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Pick-up and drop-off is at the Courtesy Shuttles area outside near Door 9. Airport pick-up must be reserved in advance, and all airport bookings must be made by 2:30PM on the day of departure.
SunDog Tours offers a year-round daily shuttle service between the airport and Jasper National Park. Pick-up is at 3:15PM at Door 10 (Arrivals), by reservation only.
Car rental desks are located on Level P1 (Ground Level) of the Parkade. The following agencies are available onsite: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Airways Country Inn • Best Western Plus Denham Inn & Suites • Crystal Star Inn • Days Inn Edmonton Airport • Executive Hotel Alexandra at Edmonton Airport • Executive Royal Hotel Leduc-Nisku • Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton International Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport • Holiday Inn Express Edmonton International Airport • Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Edmonton Airport & Conference Centre • Quality Inn Airport - Edmonton • Ramada Edmonton International Airport • Super 8 Edmonton International Airport • Western Budget Motel Leduc #1 • Western Budget Leduc #2 • Wingate by Wyndham Leduc Edmonton Airport
Six taxi and limousine companies operate from the Commercial Taxi area, but other taxis may pickup or drop off passengers there if prior arrangements are made. Wheelchair-accessible taxis must be reserved in advance through the Ground Transportation Desk at the airport, or by contacting your service provider of choice. At the time of this update, the flat rate between the airport and downtown Edmonton is CA$55 by taxi and CA$66 by limo.
Last Updated: 13 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.