Gander Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Gander Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was asleep by 11:00pm and almost missed my flight at 6:00am!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Gander Airport.
What to Expect
- The Gander airport has a single, walkable terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There are long benches without armrests.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- The Gander airport is best known for its heroic actions on September 11th. Despite its small size, the airport successfully landed 38 rerouted planes, and the town subsequently fed and sheltered over 6000 passengers.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Gander Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Gander airport.
If sleeping in Gander Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sinbads Hotel & Suites - (12 min from the airport) No airport shuttle service.
- Inn on Bennett B&B - (13 min from the airport) No airport shuttle service.
- Comfort Inn - (14 min from the airport) No airport shuttle service.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Gander Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available for international flight passengers. Cameo Corner gift shop, located in the Weston’s restaurant, is open to all passengers.
- Food & Drinks - Weston’s At The Airport is open 24 hours. The Beech Bar & Grill is the airport’s other dining option, open daily from 1:00PM - 9:00PM. Vending machines are also available.
- Information Desk - Yes. Hours: Open 24 hours
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following car rental companies can be found at Gander Airport: Avis • Budget • Enterprise • National • Thrifty. Location: Kiosks are located inside the terminal.
Busy Bee Cabs provide a 24-hour service available curb side in the Domestic Arrivals area.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.