Grande Prairie Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Grande Prairie Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Was given a ride to the nearest motel, stayed there for 4 hours - paid a 100, sob sob!
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Grande Prairie Airport.
What to Expect
- The Grand Prairie airport has a single, walkable terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- We have not received a review on this airport since 2006. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport closes late at night, sleeping here is not possible.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Grande Prairie Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Grande Prairie Airport. Connect to the "GPAFREE" network.
If sleeping in Grande Prairie Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Stanford Hotel Grande Prairie - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available Monday through Friday.
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grande Prairie Conference Center - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Best Western Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available from 4:00AM to Midnight.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Grande Prairie Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Arcade - Location: Landside, near the baggage claim
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM on the main floor.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Customer Appreciation Days - Every Friday between the hours 12:30PM - 4:00PM, the airport offers free popcorn to customers.
- Food & Drinks - The Viewpoint Restaurant & Lounge offers runway views and free WiFi. Location: 2nd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 6:30PM (Mon-Fri); 5:30AM - 5:30PM (Sat); 5:30AM - 6:30PM (Sun). The cocktail lounge section does not open until 12:00PM daily.
- Games - An family arcade is located near the baggage claim (landside).
- Information Desk - The Grand Prairie Airport Customer Service Desk is open on the main floor from 4:00AM - 11:30PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The terminal is open 4:00AM - 12:00AM.
Greyhound, Northern Express and City of Grand Prairie Transit all offer bus service to and from the airport. Contact your service provider of choice for details.
Avis, Budget, Enterprise and National offer car rental services onsite. Location: Landside, near baggage claim.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Grande Prairie Hotel & Suites • Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie • Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre • Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre • Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie Redwood Inn & Suites • Service Plus Inn & Suites Grande Prairie • Stanford Hotels & Resort • Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie • Super 8 Grande Prairie.
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.