Guanajuato Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Guanajuato Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Guanajuato Del Bajío International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern international airport with clean, but limited facilities.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Guanajuato Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- VIP Lounge Bajio - Location: Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM.
WiFi is available at Guanajuato Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available elsewhere in the terminal. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Guanajuato Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel 5 Inn - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Wyndham Garden Silao Bajio Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Holiday Inn Express Silao Aeropuerto Bajio - (7 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Guanajuato Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - BBVA and BanBajio ATMs are available at the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Travel like the locals do! If you are traveling light, you can travel at a fraction of the price of a taxi by taking a city bus to the main bus station in Silao, where bus connections are available to Guanajuato bus station. Buses run along the highway, about 200 meters or so from the airport. Although this is the cheapest way to travel to and from the city center, it’s not necessarily the safest, especially at night.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Europcar • Fox Rent a Car • Hertz • National Car Rental • Sixt • Thrifty / Dollar.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.