Hamilton Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Hamilton Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
they boarded us by the colour of our socks.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hamilton Airport.
What to Expect
- The Hamilton airport has a single terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have not received any reviews on this airport. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Hamilton Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Hamilton Airport. Connect to the "Fly Hamilton Passenger WiFi".
If sleeping in Hamilton Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Homestead House B&B - (4 min from the airport) Free airport transfers available.
- Super 8 Mount Hope Hamilton International Airport - (4 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hamilton Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Enjoy local art in the airport’s art gallery. Location: Concessions area, airside
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two ATMs (landside and airside). There is a US$ Currency ATM located airside.
- Baggage Carts - Available for use, free of charge.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Peace Bridge Duty-Free offers duty-free shopping for international flight passengers. Duty-paid shopping is available for all other passengers.. Location: Concessions area, airside.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include a Tim Horton’s (main concourse, landside, near security checkpoint), a limited-service Tim Horton’s (Concession area, airside) and a J&A’s Bar, serving beer and wine airside in the Concessions area. Tim Horton’s opens 1 hour before the first flight departure of the day. J&A’s Bar opens at 11:00AM. Additional dining options include a Subway (located in the Jetport building on airport property) and the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum Cafe (open until 4:30PM).
- Information Desk - The operations office is open 24 hours to help you with any problems or questions you have at the airport. Location: to the left of the check-in counters.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Museum - If you have some extra time, visit the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. Location: Beside the Terminal. Rate: Free admission when you present a same day boarding pass.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
HSR A-line buses link the airport to downtown Hamilton, with connections available to other bus lines at the Hamilton GO Transit Centre stop. For further details, contact Hamilton Street Railway Co. (HSR).
Avis and National offer car rental services onsite. Location: near the Domestic Baggage Claim.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Courtyard Hamilton.
Metered taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.