Nanaimo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Nanaimo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Nanaimo reminds me of one of those airports in a developing countries.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Nanaimo Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single terminal airport with limited services.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have no reviews from travelers who have slept in this airport. However, one traveller tells us there is no where to stretch out and the seats are just a single seat with armrests.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Nanaimo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free WiFi is available at Nanaimo Airport. There are 3 mobile charging/workstations located in the Departure Lounge and 1 located in the Arrivals Area..
If sleeping in Nanaimo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Kiwi Cove Lodge - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotel deals in Nanaimo on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24 hour food or beverage concessions available at this airport. The Connections Cafe is open 6:00AM - 7:00PM (Daily).
- Information Desk - Look for the Blue Navigator Ambassadors (wearing blue vests) providing assistance throughout the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging - Yes, there are 4 mobile charging/workstations in the Departures Lounge and 1 located in the Arrivals Area.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open daily from 4:00AM - 12:00AM.
Greyhound offers once daily service to and from Nanaimo Airport.
Budget, Hertz and National offer car rental services onsite.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Travelodge Nanaimo.
Nanaimo Airporter offers door-to-door shared-ride shuttle service between the airport and the Mid-Island area (Duncan/Ladysmith/Nanaimo/Parksville and Qualicum), with schedules coordinated to meet the arrivals of all incoming flights.
Metered taxis are available at the Arrivals entrance of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 17 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.