Puerto Vallarta Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Puerto Vallarta Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
A little hint, if you pick up a few of those nice Mexican blankets on the beach, take them in your carry on luggage and lay them on the floor. - Marlene
photo credit: Vmzp85 / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with a good variety of both local and recognizable shopping and dining options
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of June 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who have slept at this airport. Due to safety concerns, a few of our reviewers strongly caution against spending the night at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Puerto Vallarta Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Puerto Vallarta airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- VIP Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Hours: 9:00AM - 7:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (US$ 39 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required).
Free WiFi is available at Puerto Vallarta Airport for 15 minutes.
If sleeping in Puerto Vallarta Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- One Puerto Vallarta Aeropuerto - (2 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Holiday Inn Resort Puerto Vallarta - (2 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Comfort Inn Puerto Vallarta - (2 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa - (6 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Puerto Vallarta Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - BBVA (Bancomer), Banorte, HSBC and Scotiabank have 24-hour ATMS located in the Domestic Arrivals area.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Europcar • Hertz • Thrifty • Sixt • U-Save.
- Currency Exchange - Globo Cambio currency exchange service Hours: 7:00AM - 10:30PM. Three locations: Landside, Airside and Domestic Arrivals.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A small variety of shops are available both airside and landside, with most operating from 7:00AM - 10:00PM
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Tax Refund - Yvesam. Location: Terminal 1, Landside, Mezzanine area. Hours: 9:00AM – 9:00PM
Information not available.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 13 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.