Saskatoon Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Saskatoon Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
One of the things I like about this airport, is that you can order delivery to it - I have ordered Pizza 73 to deliver to the airport on a few occasions, and they have had no issues.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Saskatoon International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, modern international airport
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Check out the observation area near the new entrance to the security checkpoints for the large, wide benches. There are plenty of power outlets nearby!
- There’s a couch and footrest/ottoman near baggage claim, perfect for stretching out.
- Have a sleep mask and travel blanket handy for those bright airport lights and chilly air!
- Earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones will ensure a little peace and quiet while you sleep!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Saskatoon Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free WiFi is available at Saskatoon Airport.
If sleeping in Saskatoon Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Courtyard Saskatoon Airport- (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available upon request.
- MainStay Suites Saskatoon - (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Comfort Suites Saskatoon - (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Saskatoon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Local Saskatchewan art and cultural exhibits are on display throughout the airport. Check out the Blairmore Ring Display, an informative tribute to Saskatchewan’s first potash miners, located on the east side of the terminal.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available landside next to the Information Booth and airside, between Gates 5 and 6.
- Baggage Carts - Available to rent for free in the airport terminal and parking lot.
- Business Centre - Internet access and public telephones are available from semi-private workstations. Locations: Landside & Airside
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - Offering aviation themed play equipment for toddlers. Two locations: Landside in the public area and airside, 2nd floor holding room.
- Currency Exchange - International Currency Exchange (ICE) is available landside. Hours: 4:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Relay duty-free shop is located airside, near Gate 5. Hours: Open 2 hours before international flight departures.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 4:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: On The Go • Refuel Restaurant and Lounge • Starbucks • Tim Horton’s (landside) • YXE Quick Stop (landside).
- Games Room - Rucker's Express. Location: Landside, across from Tim Hortons
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, in the center of the terminal. Hours: 5:00AM - 1:00AM. You can also seek the assistance of a volunteer Airport Ambassador at the Saskatoon Shines Reception Centre, located in the Arrivals and Baggage Claim area.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Two city bus routes serve the airport. Contact Saskatoon Transit for details.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National
The following hotels are authorized to provide airport shuttle service at Saskatoon Airport: Courtyard Saskatoon Airport • Days Inn • Park Town Hotel • Sandman Hotel Saskatoon • Saskatoon Inn and Conference Centre • Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon.
Metered taxis are readily available at designated areas along the terminal curbside.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.