Yellowknife Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Yellowknife Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
You can easily get away with arriving 15 minutes before your flight regardless whether you have luggage or not. - yknorth
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Yellowknife Airport.
What to Expect
- A small regional airport with basic amenities. Food and drinks are available here
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- All seating has armrests.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Yellowknife Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Yellowknife Airport.
If sleeping in Yellowknife Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Super 8 Yellowknife - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Explorer Hotel - (6 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Capital Suites - (8 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Yellowknife Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM / Cash Machine - Yes (1)
- Baggage Carts - Available free of charge.
- Car Rentals - Budget & Hertz. Location: on-site.
- Food & Drink - Dining options include a Quizno’s sandwich shop and a few vending machines. There are no 24-hour dining options at the airport.
It is not possible to spend the night inside the terminal. Yellowknife airport closes after the last flight and opens 2 hours before the first flight departs.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.