Alice Springs Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Alice Springs Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Alice Springs Airport.
What to Expect
- The Alice Springs airport is a single, walkable terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport closes at night, sleeping here is not permitted.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- There are lounges that travellers can access with an airline membership. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Alice Springs Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Qantas Club - Location: Airside, beside Gate 9. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
- Virgin Australia Lounge - Location: Airside, adjacent to Gates 2, 3 and 4. Lounge Access: Virgin Australia Membership.
Free WiFi is available at Alice Springs Airport.
- Alice in the Territory - (dorms available) Located less than 8 miles from the airport
- Aurora Alice Springs - Located about 9 miles from the airport
- Crowne Plaza Alice Springs Lasseters - Located about 9 miles from the airport
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Alice Springs Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs can be found immediately before and after the security checkpoint.
- Baby Care Facilities - Location: Airside, accessible to departing and arriving passengers.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Disabled Services – Wheelchairs available on request, and the full airport accommodates people with reduced mobility.
- Drinking Water - Chilled water fountains are located in the terminal.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A newsstand and souvenir shop are available in the airport.
- Food & Drink - The airport has a full-service restaurant and bar called Café Terra Rosa. Location: Airside.
- Information Desk – Location: Baggage Claim area, landside, eastern side of the terminal, near the vending machines, tables and baggage carrousel.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Left luggage service is offered at the Oversize Baggage Room. Location: Opposite the Airport Management Centre and next to the First Aid Room. Storage fees start at $5 per day.
- Post Office – Location: Airside, near the restaurant entrance.
- Showers – Location: Airside, accessible to departing and arriving passengers.
- Smoking Area – Smoking is allowed airside only in the restaurant’s outdoor patio area.
According to the airport website, the airport opens 90 minutes before the first scheduled aircraft arrives, and closes 20 minutes after last scheduled aircraft departs.
The Alice Wanderer shuttle bus connects the airport and city center regularly. Rates: AU$16 each for the first two passengers and each additional passenger is AU$11.
Car rental companies located at the airport are: Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Thrifty.
Taxis can be found outside of the arrivals area.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.