Apia Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Apia Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of nearby airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It was possible to sleep on benches in short snippets, and many other people did so.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Apia Airport.
What to Expect
- This is a small airport with a single terminal.
- Several reviewers have reported that the bathrooms may not be the cleanest, so tissues and hand sanitizer are recommended.
Where to Sleep
- The airport is reportedly quiet and small, but no prime sleeping spots have been mentioned by our reviewers.
- There are no on-site airport hotels, but there are a few nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Check-in counters at this airport are open 3 hours before departure.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Apia Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Apia Airport does not appeal to you, there are a few hotels near the airport:
- Sheraton Samoa Aggie Grey's Resort - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($).
- Le Vasa Resort - (8 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Apia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - A small snack bar is available airside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available.
- Luggage Wrapping - Yes.
- Shopping - Souvenirs, crafts, and sundries are available for purchase at the airport.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Local buses stop on the main road outside of the airport. At the time of this update, one-way bus fare costs about WS$5. A specialized airport bus offers service to hotels in Apia for WS$12 each way.
At the time of this update, we found only one hotel that provides airport transportation: Sheraton Samoa Aggie Grey's Resort.
Taxis are available at the airport during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.