Hamilton Island Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Hamilton Island Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of nearby airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
At around 6am we were woken by the chorus of singing Pacific Islanders as they waited to board another early flight. - missmandi
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hamilton Island Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny, but busy single-terminal airport with an airport bar and shop.
- Lines for check-in can be long and slow during peak season, so get to the airport early!
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Hamilton Island Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge - Airside
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Hamilton Island Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport:
- Palm Bungalows - (15 min walk or 4 min ride to the airport) Free roundtrip transfers to the airport and marina.
- Reef View Hotel - (15 min walk or 4 min ride to the airport) Free roundtrip transfers to the airport and marina.
- Whitsundays Apartments - (10 min from the airport) Free roundtrip transfers to the airport and marina.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hamilton Island Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care Facilities - There is family washroom available landside.
- Food & Drinks - There is a cafe located airside.
- Shopping - Duty Free is not available. There is one shop available however its location is not known.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Beach Club • Palm Bungalows • Qualia Resort • Reef View Hotel • Whitsunday Apartments Hamilton Island.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.