Hobart Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Hobart Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of nearby airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the security kept trying to make conversation with me, which was nice, but I was drunk and sobering up to a hangover. - A
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hobart Airport.
What to Expect
- Hobart airport has two terminals: one for domestic flights and the other for international flights.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- According to reviewers, this airport is closed at night after the last flight.
- Up-to-date information on this airport is limited. If you have flown here recently, please let us know!
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport is closed at night, sleeping here is not recommended.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Hobart Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Qantas Club - Location: Airside. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
If sleeping in Hobart Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport::
- Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport - (5 min shuttle ride from the airport) Located adjacent to the airport, this hotel provides free airport shuttle service.
- Hobart Airport Tourist Park - (5 min shuttle ride from the airport) Located adjacent to the airport, the tourist park has self-contained cabins, a caravan park, and a campground. Airport shuttle service available for a minimum fee.
- Wyndham Vacation Resorts Seven Mile Beach - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hobart Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Hobart Airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Baby Care Facilities - There are baby changing facilities located throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Options include: Black Café roasted by Villino ▪ Lavazza ▪ Iron House Bar ▪ Trattoria Prego
The airport is open from 4:00AM - 10:00PM, or an hour after the last flight of the day. Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: AutoRent, Avis, Bargain Car Rentals, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot and Thrifty. Location: a short walk across the road from the central terminal.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport • Hobart Airport Tourist Park • Wyndham Vacation Resorts Seven Mile Beach
The Redline Airporter offers shared-ride door-to-door service between the airport and your lodging of choice in Hobart city center. Trips to the airport must be pre-booked at least 2 hours before requested pick up.
Taxis are available at the taxi rank located outside of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 09 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.