Invercargill Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Invercargill Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Invercargill Airport.
What to Expect
- The Invercargill airport has a single terminal.
- We have not received any reviews on this airport. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers flying on Air New Zealand can find comfort in the lounge which is accessible with an airline membership. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Invercargill Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Air New Zealand Koru Club - Location: Landside. Lounge Access: Air New Zealand Koru Club membership.
Free WiFi is available for 30 minutes or 250MB.
If sleeping in Invercargill Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport within a 10 minute driving distance:
- Victoria Railway Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Kelvin Hotel - (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Quest Serviced Apartments Invercargill - (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Invercargill Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available on the ground floor, and dispenses NZ Dollars only.
- Baby Care Facilities - Diaper-changing and nursing facilities are available in a room located opposite the restrooms in the main terminal.
- Baggage Carts - Available free of charge.
- Conference Facilities – Not available while new terminal is under construction.
- Currency Exchange – No currency exchange facilities available.
- Disabled Services – The airport offers a number of facilities that accommodate mobility-challenged passengers, including wheelchairs, automatic lifts, mobility parks, and mobility-friendly washrooms.
- Duty Free & Shopping - There are no duty free shopping facilities at the airport.
- Family Services - Baby changing and nursing facilities available on the ground floor in the terminal, between ladies toilets and mobility toilets. There is a children’s play area located upstairs in the terminal and is equipped with blackboards, blocks and a climbing frame.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, there are no 24-hour options available. The Airport Café serves light meals and snacks, and also sells small travel necessities and gifts.
- Information Desk – Customer Service Agents can be found in the terminal to assist with questions.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage storage is not available.
The airport is open from 5:45AM - 8:30PM.
Rental car company offices are located in the arrivals area of the terminal building. Companies include: Avis • Budget • Hertz • Rent a Dent • Thrifty • Europcar • Riverside Rentals Executive Car Service.
Bus: Public busses do not connect with the airport.
Regional transport companies operate routes between the airport and South Island cities. They use anything from luxury air-conditioned coaches to mini-vans. Companies include:
- Atomic Travel: between major cities in South Island
- Catch-a-Bus: between Invercargill/Bluff and Dunedin
- Stewart Island Experience: Invercargill-Bluff coach transfers
TaxiTaxis are available. [ back to top ]
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.