Nelson Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Nelson Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Nelson Airport.
What to Expect
- The Nelson airport has a single terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- We have not received any reviews on this airport. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers flying on Air New Zealand can find comfort in the lounge which is accessible with an airline membership. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Nelson Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Air New Zealand Koru Club - Location: Landside. Lounge Access: Air New Zealand Koru Club Membership.
Free WiFi is available at Nelson Airport for one hour.
If sleeping in Nelson Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Greens Motel - (2 min from the airport) Free airport transfers available
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle upon request (24-hr advance notice). Shuttle runs between 8:30AM to 4:00PM.
- Bay Crest Motor Lodge - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nelson Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - One ATM is located in the main terminal.
- Baggage Trolleys – Available in the main terminal.
- Conference Facilities – A small meeting room is available for hire in the main terminal.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available. The only dining option is the Airport Café, located in the departure lounge. It serves coffee, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Family Services – Baby changing facilities and a children’s outdoor play area are located in the main terminal.
- Observation Lounge and Deck – Located in the main terminal
- Walking Track – A 5.75km walkway circles the airport perimeter. The track starts at the recreational car park, where cars can be left for up to 3 hours. Pets and bicycles are not permitted on it.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update the guide.
Car rentals are available at the airport, and counters are available in the terminal. Companies include: Avis • Budget • NZ Rentacar • Hertz • Thrifty.
Super Shuttle operates fixed rate transfers from the airport to Nelson. Bookings can be made online or over the phone.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments • Greens Motel Nelson • Saxton Lodge.
Taxis are available in front of the airport at the designated taxi rank. The following companies have taxis on rank: Nelson City Taxis • Nelson Bays Cabs.
Last Updated: 14 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.