Noumea Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Noumea Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Looking down I saw centipedes crawling on my sleeping bag, talk about a bad way to wake up! - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Noumea Airport.
What to Expect
- Noumea is a small airport with a single terminal.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- The airport reportedly closes between 1:00 AM - 7:00 AM, so spending the night here is not possible.
- Up-to-date information on this airport is limited. If you have flown here recently, please let us know!
Wifi is available.
Where to Sleep
- It’s not possible to sleep here since the airport closes at night.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a nearby hotel. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Noumea Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
WiFi is available at Noumea Airport throughout the terminal building.
If sleeping in Noumea Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport:
- Hotel Tontoutel - Located 2 minutes from the airport. Airport shuttle is available on request ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Noumea Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - We are unable to confirm whether bank machines are available; however, the BCI Bank may have something. Location: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Notice • Europcar • Hertz • Visa Rentals • Pacific Car • Red Dot • Six/AS • Thrifty. Location: outside the terminal near the bus stop.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, the BCI Bank offers currency exchange.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops both landside and airside.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24 hour food or beverage concessions available at the airport.There are 2 restaurants/bars and one snack/ice cream service location.
- Information Desk - Yes.
A reader tells us the airport is open from approx. 7:00AM - 1:00AM.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 14 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.