Palmerston North Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Palmerston North Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Palmerston North Airport.
What to Expect
- The Palmerston airport has a single terminal with two floors.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- We have not received any reviews on this airport. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers flying on Air New Zealand can find comfort in the lounge which is accessible with an airline membership. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Palmerston North Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Air New Zealand Koru Club - Location: Landside. Lounge Access: Air New Zealand Koru Club Membership.
Free WiFi is available at Palmerston Airport. There is a download limit of 100MB per device, per month. Once the limit is reached, there are a number of paid options. There are also internet kiosks located near the check-in counters. They cost $2 for 10 minutes and $1 per 5 minutes thereafter.
If sleeping in Palmerston North Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- A’Abode Motor Lodge - (7 min from the airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport. No airport shuttle
- Aztec Motel - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Braemar Motor Lodge - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Palmerston North Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care - Baby change facilities are available.
- Conference Facilities – Two meeting rooms are available for hire (full day or half day). The large room seats between 12 – 30 people and the smaller room sits 8 – 25. Catering and presentation equipment is available on request for an additional cost.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Shopping is limited to a Relay Bookshop.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available. There is one café for passengers (Café Ignition) and it is open from 5:30AM daily.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update the guide.
Car rentals are available at the airport, and the following companies have desks in the arrivals terminal: Avis • Budget • Hertz • Thrifty • Europcar.
Taxis are available in front of the airport. There is a free taxi phone located inside the airport near the main arrivals doors, and a second is located on the illuminated advertising panel. The airport partners with Taxis Palmerston North.
Last Updated: 14 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.