Port Vila Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Port Vila Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
they had the band playing in the arrivals hall whilst you were waiting for immigration/customs.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Port Vila Airport.
What to Expect
- Port Vila is a small airport with two terminals.
- The airport is open 24 hours, but closed to the public overnight.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Up-to-date information about this airport is limited. If you have visited this airport recently, please leave a review!
Where to Sleep
- Unfortunately, we do not have any current reviews from travellers who slept in this airport. Older reviewers suggest some promising benches in the International terminal.
- There are nearby hotels, but many do not include transfers or an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Because of the condition of the runway, many major airlines suspended their flights to this airport in 2016.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges below for location and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Port Vila Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Harry Bauer Club Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM (Mon) • 6:00AM - 5:00PM (Tues) • 5:00AM - 5:00PM (Wed & Thurs) • 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Fri) • 5:00AM - 4:00PM (Sat) • 5:00AM - 6:30PM (Sun).
Unity Airlines offers WiFi in the Domestic Terminal.
If sleeping in Port Vila Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Fatumaru Lodge - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Moorings Hotel - (6 minutes from the airport) Airport meet & greet transfers available for AUD $20.
- Traveller's Budget Motel - (10 minutes from the airport) Private and dorm rooms available. No airport shuttle.
- Hideaway Island Resort - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Port Vila Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, available.
- Currency Exchange - Yes available at the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Flight Cafe (International Terminal) and Island Spirit Cafe (Domestic Terminal)
- Left Luggage - Luggage Storage is available at a cost of Vt 200 per item.
- Observation Area - Located on the upper floor of the international terminal.
The airport is open 24 hours, but closed to the public overnight.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Angelfish Cove Villas • Coral Motel & Apartments • Erakor Island Resort & Spa • Poppy's on the Lagoon • Quest Apartments • Tradewinds Villas.
Last Updated: 14 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.