Rockhampton Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Rockhampton Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Rockhampton Airport.
What to Expect
- The small terminal has been renovated recently.
- The airport provides flights to a few regional destinations.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport closes after the last flight. Sleeping here overnight is not possible.
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Rockhampton Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter the lounge at Rockhampton airport with a membership. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Qantas Club - Location: Ground Floor, beside Qantas check-in counter. Lounge Access: Qantas Club membership..
Free WiFi is available at Rockhampton Airport. Connect to the "Internode" network.
If sleeping in Rockhampton Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Rockhampton Court Motor Inn - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Best Western The Stirling Rockhampton - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Rockhampton Palms Motor Inn - (6 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Rockhampton Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - 2 ATMs are located within the terminal.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, at the front of the terminal at both the southern and northern ends and in all car parks. Rates: $1 or $2 dollar coin is accepted and refunded upon return of the trolley.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Area - Yes, at the northern end of the terminal adjacent to the Virgin check-in desk.
- Conference Facilities – Three conference rooms are available for rent. The larger seats up to 60 people while the smaller rooms hold 14 or 16 people. Catering is available on request.
- Disabled Services – There are dedicated handicap toilets in the arrivals and departures ends of the terminal. They are marked with brail and pictogram signs.
- Duty Free & Shopping - The only shop is a RELAY newsagent store that sells newspapers, magazines, gift and some food and drink items. It is open from 5:30AM – 8:00PM daily.
- Food & Drink - At the time of this writing, no 24-hour options are available. There is one café that is open daily from 5:30AM to 8:30PM. Vending machines (2 drinks only, 2 with snacks) can be found in the departures lounge and in the arrivals area (baggage claim).
- Mobile Charging - 2 free charge bars are available, one opposite the Relay store and the other in the TV Quiet Area behind the Redi-ATM.
- Nursing Room - Yes, located at the northern end of the terminal adjacent to the children’s play area.
- Rest Zones - The airport advertises a TV Quiet Area.
- Showers - Yes, at each end of the terminal near the toilet facilities. Rates are not known.
- Smoking Area - Smoking is prohibited in the terminal or within 4 metres of the entrance 2 designated area are supplied, 1 in the departures end of the terminal in the garden area and the other in arrivals (baggage claim) before the taxi rank.
The airport is Open daily from 5:00AM to the last flight of the day.
Young Bus Service operates buses from the airport.
Car rentals are available at the airport. The following companies have offices in the airport terminal: Avis • Budget • Hertz • Thrifty • Europcar • Redspot • Sixt.
Taxis are available at the airport, but they must be booked upon arrival. There is a free taxi phone inside the terminal next to the public toilets, and a second one near the taxi rank.
Last Updated: 14 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.