Tauranga Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tauranga Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tauranga Airport.
What to Expect
- The Tauranga airport consists of a single, walkable terminal.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- We have not received any reviews on this airport. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers flying on Air New Zealand can find comfort in the lounge which is accessible with an airline membership. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tauranga Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter the lounge at Tauranga airport with a membership. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Air New Zealand Koru Club - Location: Landside. Lounge Access: Air New Zealand Koru Club Membership.
WiFi is available at Tauranga Airport.
If sleeping in Tauranga Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Gateway Motor Inn - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Blue Wave Motel- (6 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Bay Palm Motel - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle available daily before 7:00PM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tauranga Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - Yes there is 1 available next to the check in counters.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, available in the baggage claim area, rates are not known.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Conference Facilities – A boardroom is available for rent. It can accommodate up to 12 people and comes with a whiteboard, overhead projector and a screen. Catering is available on request. There are also conference facilities in the Classic Flyers Club, located a short walk from the terminal building.
- Duty Free & Shopping - There is no duty free shopping at Tauranga. The café sells reading materials and souvenirs.
- Food & Drink - There is one licensed café in the main terminal building. It opens 30 minutes before the first flight of the day, and closes after the final departure. There is also a café in the nearby Classic Flyers club, located a short walk from the terminal building.
- Museum – The Classic Flyers Club runs an aviation museum. It is located on the airport property, a short walk away from the terminal.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update the guide.
Car rentals are available at the airport. The following companies have counters in the terminal: Avis • Budget • NZ Rentacar • Hertz • Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Bay Palm Motel • Cobblestone Court Motel.
The airport partners with Mount Tauranga Taxis and Taxicabs. They are available in the taxi rank outside the arrivals hall when flights arrive, but reservations can also be made in advance.
Last Updated: 14 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.