Townsville Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Townsville Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Very slim food options, all the chairs looks dirty and at least 50 years old.
- a guest traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Townsville Airport.
What to Expect
- This is a smaller airport with a single terminal.
- One reviewer warned of difficult security lines at this airport.
- This airport is closed after the last flight until 5:00 AM, so sleeping here is not an option.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Since this airport is closed at night, sleeping here is not permitted.
- There are nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in a lounge that are accessible with a Qantas membership. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Townsville Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter the lounge at Townsville airport with a membership. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Qantas Club Lounge - Location: Airside. Lounge Access: Qantas Club Membership.
Free WiFi is available at Townsville Airport.
Sleeping overnight inside the terminal is not possible. There are hotels near Townsville airport:
- Mercure Townsville - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Seagulls Resort - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Townsville Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two ATMs in the terminal (airside and landside)
- Baggage Trolleys - A refundable deposit is required to use the baggage trolleys.
- Duty Free & Shopping - There is no duty free available. Shoppers have only 1 choice, a newspaper/magazine shop which is open 5:00AM - 7:30PM every day.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Thrifty. Location: in the Arrivals area.
- Family Services - Baby care facilities are located near the check in counters, baggage claim and the ground floor arrivals/departures area in the terminal building. Feeding cubicles with change facilities are provided as well as toilet facilities, nappy disposal unit and a wash basin. There is a baby bottle warmer in the parent rooms.
- Food & Drinks -There are no 24-hour food concessions at this airport. There are 2 options airside (both open 5:00AM - last flight) and 1 option landside which opens at 4:45AM and closes when the last flight is announced. Aromas Cafe (Hours: 5:00AM - 5:30PM)
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Storage facilities are not available.
- Showers - Not available
Airport Sleeper Policy
The airport states on their web site: "For security reasons the Terminal is “locked down” between 11:00PM and 4:30 am and therefore passengers, and other persons, are not permitted to enter the Terminal during this time, nor sleep in the Terminal overnight. "
The airport is open 5:00AM - until after the last flight. It is not possible to sleep in the airport overnight.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 14 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.