Alexandria Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Alexandria Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Small airport, but quiet airport with adequate security provided by the sheriffs department and by the airport itself. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on Alexandria Airport.
What to Expect
- Alexandria is a small but well managed and quiet airport and it’s been reported that there are seldom delays for flights. There are two levels with three terminals, all easily walkable. The terminal opens at 4am, please arrive 1 to 1 ½ hours before flight departure.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where To Sleep
- A review hasn’t been posted since 2004 so we don't have any current info for airport sleepers. If you’ve travelled here recently please submit a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel within the Airport and other hotels near the airport that provide a free airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Alexandria Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at this time.
Free WiFi is available at Alexandria Airport.
If sleeping in Alexandria Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Park England Boutique Hotel - The hotel is located within the Air Park, less than 1 mile from the airport, but is not connected to the airport itself. A free airport shuttle is available, upon request, 24 hours a day.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Alexandria - A free airport shuttle is available from 4:10AM to 11:00PM.
- Best Western of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center - A free airport shuttle is available from 7:00AM to 11:00PM.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Alexandria Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
Alexandria Airport is a small airport located within a Commercial Park. Services are very limited within the terminal, but you can access a variety of services and amenities within the park. Consult the park website for further information.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food / Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Observation Deck - Location: Level 3.
The airport opens daily at 4:00AM
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Pineville • La Quinta Inn & Suites Alexandria Airport • Parc England Boutique • Hotel Ramada Alexandria.
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.