Rick Husband Amarillo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Rick Husband Amarillo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The only interaction I had w/staff was lifting my feet so the cleaning guy could push his buffer under my seat. - Paul
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on Rick Husband Amarillo Airport.
What to Expect
- The Rick Husband Amarillo Airport has undergone significant renovations on both the upper and lower levels of the terminal, with new an enlarged checkpoint and seven gates.
- There is a restaurant and two bars before and after security, they close at 11, plan ahead and buy food your food and drinks before they close
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- A review hasn’t been posted since 2000 so we don't have any current info for airport sleepers. If you’ve travelled here recently please submit a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Rick Husband Amarillo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges available at this airport.
Free WiFi is available at Rick Husband Amarillo Airport.
If sleeping in Rick Husband Amarillo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport - (2 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle available.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo East - (2 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- The Big Texan - (5 minutes from the airport) Home of the 72oz steak! The Big Texan is known more for its famous steak house, but there is a 54-room motel attached.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Rick Husband Amarillo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby changing facilities are located in restrooms throughout the airport. A family restroom is available airside near the restaurant.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Two gift shops are available, one each airside and landside.
- Food & Drinks - A full-service restaurant and two full bars are available in the airport, with locations available both landside and airside. At the time of this update, 24-hour dining is not available.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - No
- Showers - No
The airport is open 24 hours.
Avis, Enterprise, Hertz and National offer car rental services onsite.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Ashmore Inn & Suites • Fairfield Inn & Suites Amarillo • Wyndham Garden Amarillo.
Metered taxis are readily available at the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.