Bellingham Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bellingham Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
you are kicked out of the gate area at about 1am, so you are forced to go back through security even though you didn't leave the airport - a traveller (2016)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on Bellingham Airport.
What to Expect
- Bellingham Airport is a small airport with five gates, a coffee shop and a restaurant with a bar. Due to the airport’s close proximity to British Columbia, Canada this airport is often used as a low cost alternative to Vancouver International Airport.
- There is a shuttle available between Bellingham Airport and Vancouver International Airport and Sea-tac airport.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Bellingham Airport hasn’t received a review yet, if you’ve visited this airport recently please submit a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bellingham Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Bellingham Airport.
If sleeping in Bellingham Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Holiday Inn Bellingham - (5 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hampton Inn Bellingham Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- La Quinta Inn and Suites Bellingham - (6 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bellingham Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Halibut Henry’s offers coffee and takeaway food both landside and airside. Scotty Brown’s offers full-service dining with bar/lounge airside only. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options, but vending machines are available.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available.
- Shopping - There is a souvenir type shop located both landside and airside.
The public area of the airport is open 24 hours a day and passengers are permitted to stay in the airport regardless of the hour. Security opens at 3:30AM and closes after last flight.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Avis • Budget • Enterprise / Alamo • Hertz.
Several companies offer scheduled or on-demand door-to-door shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your service provider of choice for details and availability.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.